Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 01:48 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
"Greed" might be overstating the case. "Survival" would be a better word.... If movie theaters still exist at all in 20 years, it will be a minor miracle.
Yeah, I agree with that. HDTVs, Redbox, Netflix etc means less and less people clamoring for an opening night ticket and plenty willing to wait until it comes out on video - which means more closed down theatres. I like going to the movies, but I admit it just isn't very convenient and too expensive to indulge in as much as I'd like too. Xbox and Playstation have killed off almost all the arcades.

I've noticed the lack of authentic taste in popcorn too, and I almost never order the stuff. It almost always has too much salt which is a way to make sure you buy an $8.00 sip of Coke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 04:36 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,417,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Ever try to find a container of NON-homogenized normal milk? You used to be able to at least buy skim milk and cream. Now, no way.
I actually did buy one, by accident, recently at a Walgreens! When I opened it the layer of solids on top really threw me; I thought it was bad. But it smelled just fine, was dated two weeks into the future, so I didn't know WTH was going on.

Then I saw "Shake Well" and, in the fine print, non-homogenized. I'd already shaken it a little and poured some into my coffee, where it left an oil slick. YUCK! I tried again after shaking it up a lot better, and all was well.

Weird, though. I certainly didn't expect to find milk that was separated in a drugstore.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:32 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderling View Post
i actually did buy one, by accident, recently at a walgreens! When i opened it the layer of solids on top really threw me; i thought it was bad. But it smelled just fine, was dated two weeks into the future, so i didn't know wth was going on.

Then i saw "shake well" and, in the fine print, non-homogenized. I'd already shaken it a little and poured some into my coffee, where it left an oil slick. Yuck! I tried again after shaking it up a lot better, and all was well.

Weird, though. I certainly didn't expect to find milk that was separated in a drugstore.
lol

Old 06-16-2012, 04:41 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,968,861 times
Not only all of this, but a friend of mine battling breast cancer went to Cancer Center of America and they gave her a list of good foods and of toxic foods - buttered pop corn from the movie theaters was one that was toxic!

Old 06-17-2012, 08:45 AM

23,589 posts, read 70,358,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happeemommee View Post
Not only all of this, but a friend of mine battling breast cancer went to Cancer Center of America and they gave her a list of good foods and of toxic foods - buttered pop corn from the movie theaters was one that was toxic!
That just shows that there are still clueless idiots in high places. I'll almost guarantee that "toxic" idea came from the massively debunked propaganda from the Center for Whining in the Public Interest back in the 1990s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies