U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 07:42 PM

12,339 posts, read 16,976,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boycew02 View Post
The final quote from American History X:

"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, we must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of meaning will swell when again touched, as surely they will be by the better angels of our nature."
That's an Abraham Lincoln quote isn't it? (It's also quoted in X-Men 2.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 07:50 PM

640 posts, read 266,422 times
"Gladiator" / Commodus ~ "It vexes me. I'm terribly vexed....." (Joaquin Phoenix)

Old 11-19-2007, 11:00 PM

853 posts, read 834,753 times
"Put ze candle back." Young Frankenstein
"What we've got here is a failure to communicate." Cool Hand Luke
"Never give up! Never surrender!" Galaxy Quest
"It could have turned out differently, I suppose. But it didn't." Mansfield Park
"I have no talent for certainty." Mansfield Park

Old 11-19-2007, 11:12 PM
NCN

18,783 posts, read 18,480,785 times
"Nobody puts Baby in the corner." Dirty Dancing

Old 11-19-2007, 11:51 PM

3,040 posts, read 9,590,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The all-time most quotable movies are:

Ghostbusters
Young Frankenstein
Monty Python's Quest For The Holy Grail
Animal House

Memorize those four movies, and you'll have a quote handy for any and ever happening in life.
You forgot Airplane:

"Joey, have you ever seen a Turkish prison? Have you ever been inside a men's gymnasium?"
"It's an entirely different kind of flying altogether."
"The white zone is for loading and unloading of passengers... There is no parking in the red zone"
"I picked the wrong week to quit..."
"and don't call me Shirley."

Old 11-20-2007, 07:14 AM

3,243 posts, read 11,285,756 times
from the movie Tombstone (with Val Kilmer) Sheriff Beehan is on the street with the Earp Brothers and Doc Holliday. He is talking up Tombstone and how grown up the town was becoming. Just then a fight spills out onto the street from a bar and gunfight ensues. The camera turns to Val Kilmer and his line is "Very Cosmopolitan" when the fight is over Doc Holliday introduces two the characters involved with the shooting to Beehan and says Sheriff, "may I present a pair of Fellow sophisticates, Turkey Creek Jack Johnson and Texas Jack Vermillion." Pretty funny stuff

Old 11-20-2007, 07:49 AM

5,073 posts, read 3,864,986 times
Fun Quotes from Party Girl:

The It Twins: What's up buttercup?
Mary: The rent, and I'm not paying.

Mary: Do you realize how broke I am? What do you want me to do? I don't have a job. I'm a loser. Shoot me.

Mary: I would like a nice, powerful, mind-altering substance. Preferably one that will make my unborn children grow gills.

Judy Lindendorf: He's not a d*ck, he's a patron.

Rene: Imitate a cat puking.
Leo: [makes puking noises]
Rene: [holds up a flier with imitate a cat puking printed on it] It's the name of a band.

Mary: He-he- hello!

Old 11-21-2007, 01:00 AM

14,331 posts, read 17,428,278 times
Default Glory - Morgan Freeman

My all-time favorite, and words I live by.

Morgan (slapping Denzel): Smack! "and what are you? So full of hate, you just want to go out and fight everybody. Cause you've been whipped and chased by hounds. Well, that might not be living. But it sure as hell aint dying. And dying is what these white boys have been doing going on three years now. Dyin by the thousands, dying for you, fool. I know cause I dug the graves. And all the time I'm diggin I'm asking myself when, when ol lord is it going to be our time. Well, time's coming where we goin to have to ante up. Ante up and kick in like men. LIKE MEN! You watch who you call a nig_ga. Any nig_gas round here, it's you. Smart-mouth, stupid-a$$, swamp-runnin nig_ga. And if you aint careful, that's all you ever goin be."

Classic.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:10 AM

14,331 posts, read 17,428,278 times
Default Uptown Saturday Night

Sidney Poitier: "You see what I saw?"
Bill Cosby: "Yes, I saw what you saw. And don't be worrying about nuthin, cause if the dude mess with me, I'm mo knock em out! You know why? CAUSE I'M FROM OFF THE CORNER!"

Hilarious.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:29 PM

4 posts, read 6,352 times
Default Sunset Boulevard

Joe Gillis: You're Norma Desmond. You used to be in silent pictures. You used to be big.
Norma Desmond: I *am* big. It's the *pictures* that got small.

Norma Desmond: [to newsreel camera] And I promise you I'll never desert you again because after 'Salome' we'll make another picture and another picture. You see, this is my life! It always will be! Nothing else! Just us, the cameras, and those wonderful people out there in the dark!... All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies