Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2018, 02:20 AM

3,566 posts, read 2,108,164 times

Advertisements

Two great films, with two very similar and hilarious quotes....

Melanie: "Jesus, but if you two are not the biggest pair of ****-ups I've ever met in my entire life. How did you ever rob a bank? When you robbed banks, did you forget where your car was then too? No wonder you went to jail!"

Jackie Brown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jonathan Mardukas: "You two are the dumbest bounty hunters I have ever seen! You couldn't even deliver a bottle of milk!"

The Midnight Run
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 09:12 AM

272 posts, read 183,563 times
“Fear is not real. The only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is a product of our imagination, causing us to fear things that do not at present and may not ever exist. That is near insanity. Do not misunderstand me danger is very real but fear is a choice.”

― Will Smith

After Earth

Old 01-06-2018, 09:21 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,117,451 times
I should've been a farmer. Since the day I was born, I should have been a farmer. I love chickens and pigs and ducks. I'm kind of fond of nanny goats I am. Oh come on, Fowler. Throw strikes.

Fowler's killing worms Pop.

Hey Fowler. Don't you know how I hate losing to the Pirates? You know Red my ma urged me to get out of this game when I was a kid, she pleaded with me. And I meant to you know what I mean? But she died.

Tough.

Spoiler
The Natural (1984), Barry Levinson

Old 01-06-2018, 10:38 AM

They're probably watching me. Well let them. Let them see what kind of a person I am. I'm not even going to swat that fly. I hope they are watching. They'll see. They'll see. And they'll know. And they'll say, why, she wouldn't even harm a fly.

Spoiler
Psycho (1960), Alfred Hitchcock

Old 01-09-2018, 03:32 PM

No wonder I couldn't stand you.

I couldn't stand you either.

Why not?

Peanuts.

Peanuts?

You ate them with the shells on. They only do that in cartoons. It drove me crazy. I bet you're here to get something.

Spoiler
The Boss of It All (2006)

Old 01-09-2018, 03:44 PM

3,566 posts, read 2,108,164 times
All the President's Men

Ben Bradlee: "Goddammit, when is somebody going to go on the record in this story? You guys are about to write a story that says the former Attorney General, the highest-ranking law enforcement officer in this country, is a crook! Just be sure you're right."

and a little later on...

Ben Bradlee: "You know the results of the latest Gallup Poll? Half the country never even heard of the word Watergate. Nobody gives a s***. You guys are probably pretty tired, right? Well, you should be. Go on home, get a nice hot bath. Rest up... 15 minutes. Then get your asses back in gear. We're under a lot of pressure, you know, and you put us there. Nothing's riding on this except the, uh, first amendment to the Constitution, freedom of the press, and maybe the future of the country. Not that any of that matters, but if you guys **** up again, I'm going to get mad. Goodnight."

Jason Robards, was just perfect as Bradlee: editor of the Washington Post

Old 01-09-2018, 09:38 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,886,247 times
Club Secretary: I say, Lawrence. You are a clown!

T.E. Lawrence: Ah, well, we can't all be lion tamers

-Lawrence of Arabia

Bartender: [after Lawrence enters with a dirty Bedouin] This is a bar for British officers!

T.E. Lawrence: That's all right. We're not particular.

-Lawrence of Arabia

Lawrence has just extinguished a match between his thumb and forefinger. William Potter surreptitiously attempts the same]

William Potter: Ooh! It damn well 'urts!

T.E. Lawrence: Certainly it hurts.

Officer: What's the trick then?

T.E. Lawrence: The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts.

-Lawrence of Arabia

Old 01-10-2018, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Lawrence has just extinguished a match between his thumb and forefinger. William Potter surreptitiously attempts the same]

William Potter: Ooh! It damn well 'urts!

T.E. Lawrence: Certainly it hurts.

Officer: What's the trick then?

T.E. Lawrence: The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts.

-Lawrence of Arabia
Turks?

Bedu.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:24 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,886,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oeccscclhjhn View Post
Turks?

Bedu.

It’s my favorite movie. So many great quotes.

Sherif Ali: Have you no fear, English?

T.E. Lawrence: My fear is my concern.

Prince Feisal: Gasim's time has come, Lawrence. It is written.

T.E. Lawrence: Nothing is written.

Sherif Ali: You will not be at Aqaba, English! Go back, blasphemer... but you will not be at Aqaba!

T.E. Lawrence: I shall be at Aqaba. That, IS written.

[pointing to forehead]

T.E. Lawrence: In here.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:36 AM

15,639 posts, read 40,988,047 times
Samuel L. Jackson, from Snakes on a Plane.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ne+famous+line

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies