Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2012, 11:24 AM

32,097 posts, read 34,702,478 times

Advertisements

Which movie has the better cinematography? Which one do you think is the better movie?

Sherlock Holmes 2 Forest Scene HD - YouTube

The Dark Knight Rises - Football Stadium Explosion Scene (Clip) - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 11:39 AM

2,421 posts, read 4,317,720 times
Was the cinematography really that great in Dark Knight Rises?! I mean I thought it was good, but I didn't find anything spectacular about it's cinematography as everyone suggests. I actually found the cinematography more interesting/better in Batman Begins.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:45 AM

I guess I'm asking because both movies will probably be considered the big blockbuster action movies of the year (even though Sherlock Holmes was released in 2011).

Old 07-24-2012, 12:03 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,677,220 times
sherlock 2 sucked.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
sherlock 2 sucked.
Really? I thought the storyline was a bit more difficult to follow in SH2, and that the dialogue was not quite as witty as it was in SH1, but the cinematography in this movie was superior. That forest scene focused on so many little elements--the pin hitting the cannon shell, the ensuing spark inside of the chamber, the force of the blast changing the shape of the soldier's face (in slow motion!), the wood exploding out of trees, the score slowing down at the precise moment the blast tosses them into the air (also in slow motion). That was a perfectly directed scene, imo.

From a story standpoint, I think they killed off Irene Adler (Rachel McAdams) too early. And the story got a little bit slow when Holmes went to visit the gypsy lady. Otherwise, it was not too shabby. The cinematography really made this movie, imo. That makes it inferior to the first installment of Sherlock Holmes, which had the cinematography (not quite as good) but also tremendous writing.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:09 PM

9 posts, read 14,466 times
The Cinematography in Dark Knight Rises was alright it seems they stretched it a bit only to get imax's graces

Old 07-24-2012, 02:17 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,677,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Really? I thought the storyline was a bit more difficult to follow in SH2, and that the dialogue was not quite as witty as it was in SH1, but the cinematography in this movie was superior. That forest scene focused on so many little elements--the pin hitting the cannon shell, the ensuing spark inside of the chamber, the force of the blast changing the shape of the soldier's face (in slow motion!), the wood exploding out of trees, the score slowing down at the precise moment the blast tosses them into the air (also in slow motion). That was a perfectly directed scene, imo.

From a story standpoint, I think they killed off Irene Adler (Rachel McAdams) too early. And the story got a little bit slow when Holmes went to visit the gypsy lady. Otherwise, it was not too shabby. The cinematography really made this movie, imo. That makes it inferior to the first installment of Sherlock Holmes, which had the cinematography (not quite as good) but also tremendous writing.

It was more difficult to follow for sure. It was also MUCH slower and had less action in it. I also agree the dialogue was not as witty. If the cinematography was better I missed it because I was probably trying to keep my eyes open.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:35 PM

2,421 posts, read 4,317,720 times
Anyone wants to see a masterpiece of cinematography needs to see this movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=algdilTBfRs

Aside from the best cinematography I have ever seen, the movie is interesting. Slow but very interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies