Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2012, 12:02 AM

1,242 posts, read 1,934,979 times

Advertisements

Hello guys. I've been searching long and hard recently for an old National Geographic documentary about the great transatlantic oceanliners....I used to watch it as a kid and for the life of me can't seem to find it anywhere.

All I know from my horrible memory, is that it's from either the late 70's or very early 80's. It takes place aboard the Queen Elizabeth 2 on a transatlantic voyage from which the host narrates. It is full of old footage of all the famous ships from the turn of the century up until after WWII.

I've looked everywhere, I've scanned lists of documentaries, and the NatGeo site doesn't really lead me anywhere...

Anybody outthere seen this? Know the name of it? or know how to find it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 01:54 AM

1,370 posts, read 2,170,846 times
Is it this? National-Geographic-Superliners-Twilight-of-an-Era - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes - NYTimes.com

If so, you can buy it here: Amazon.com: Superliners: Twlight of an Era: Movies & TV

Old 10-22-2012, 06:36 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,934,979 times
You are my hero. I'm speechless. Thank you so much. Really. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies