Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 05:16 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,923 times

Advertisements

If you have seen it tell us what you think !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 06:33 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,963,110 times
I see it Sat. night. I've read reviews and heard its the best one of all the movies and the fight scene is great.. I guess I'll have to check back in when I see it

Old 11-16-2012, 06:01 AM

2,709 posts, read 6,315,517 times
I saw it last night, 10:00 show. I really enjoyed it. (I did a movie marathon at the theatres with my boss: all 5 movies in a row. Long day! I enjoyed myself immensely. ) The first half of the movie, for me, was a bit rushed because they're trying to cram a lot into it. (They tried to give the reader everything the reader could want to see: the stone house in the woods, vampire sex, arm wrestling, J. Jenks, etc.) Nevertheless, it had tons of humor, which really surprised me, and the character of Bella is acted in a way that she hasn't been throughout the rest of the series, which is appropriate to what happened to her. She's much more relaxed, aggressive, determined...non-stuttering.

And I was grateful that the whole angst element of the (manufactured) love triangle was FINALLY over and done with.

In the second half of the movie, they took a departure from the books. Which, honestly, I suppose they had to do, because in the books, the final big confrontation scene between the Vulturi and the Cullens is a whole lot of talking and political machinations without a lot of action. Fine for a book, but not necessarily for a visual medium like film. So they added the battle sequence. I was expecting the battle sequence, but I had been avoiding clips and spoilers on the web, so I was NOT expecting the details of that battle sequence. When the first shocking moment had, I was absolutely floored and horrified. As the shocking moments continued to come, my horror turned into anger. Ha! I was so pissed! I could feel myself closing down and getting more and more angry. How could they do this to the book?!?! I was beyond relieved when
Spoiler
the final twist was revealed

The only thing I really didn't like about how the movie developed toward the end is that in the book, it's Bella who saves the day by developing her shield and being able to use it to protect her family members. In the movie, she does develop her shield, but honestly, it feels like it's
Spoiler
ALICE who saves the day, not Bella.
Which is fine. Just not what I was expecting and a bit of a disappointment.

I'm really not sure how BDp2 will fare as a standalone movie. If you were going into it without ANY awareness of the other movies or the books, would BDp2 make any sense at all? I doubt it.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:51 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Enjoyed it, was a little put off by the twisting ending, but still was pleased with it's conclusion. A real girly good fun time if you ask me. My group had a blast.

Oh yes Sweetbottoms, the fight scene, was the best time I've had in a long time. Just watching it was soooooo much fun I have goose bumps thinking about how much fun it was.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:36 PM

693 posts, read 1,041,024 times
I saw it two nights in a row - once with my girlfriends and then with my family (priorities ). This was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time, perhaps since Avatar. I thought the way the fight scene worked out was absolutely brilliant. As far as the movie being different from the book, that's the way it usually works out. From a production standpoint I thought it was superb.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:16 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,963,110 times
I saw it last night and loved it. I was shocked with the twist and relieved!

Old 11-18-2012, 09:06 AM

526 posts, read 1,058,572 times
Enjoyed it quite a bit! It did go a different route than the book for the fight scene, which in my opinion gave it that twist to keep you on edge! Am going to see it again on Wed.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:21 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,483,844 times
PERFECTO!!!!!!!!!!!

For all of you Stephanie Meyers fans, "The Host" is coming out in the spring.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:40 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
I saw it last night and loved it. I was shocked with the twist and relieved!
I was shocked, ticked off and relieved but still a little ticked off for putting all that shock energy to waste, though happy for how it turned out. LOL I was practically out of my seat having such a blast, but then felt like someone let the air out of my balloon for a minute. But was back to I really should be at my age for enjoying this movie this much.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:39 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,987,653 times
Just saw it at studio movie grill.
I was never a hugr fan, but I liked them...but this part of the saga was pretty awesome!

I can't wait for the DVD and have a marathon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies