U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 11:14 PM

12,256 posts, read 15,820,813 times

Advertisements

I liked Beverly Hills Cop II more than Beverly Hills Cop.

I also just saw MIB 3 and I liked it better than the first two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 11:30 PM

42,668 posts, read 71,787,572 times
Lethal Weapon II was better than the original. The only picture in which I really enjoyed Joe Pesci.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:13 PM

251 posts, read 213,318 times
Back to the Future (sequels)
Chucky (sequels)
Scream (sequels)
Police Academy (sequels)
Superman (sequels)

Old 12-24-2012, 12:20 AM

9,832 posts, read 7,348,992 times
Dawn of the Dead

Best of the series BY FAR.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:56 AM

7,129 posts, read 3,961,082 times
Gremlins 2: The New Batch ~ The gremlins do what they are supposed to: mess with technology. In the first, they just act like a bunch of delinquents, messing with perhaps two pieces of machinery.

The Mummy Returns ~ I love the first film, but I like how the second one delves into the past. I don't even mind their son too much.

The Color of Money ~ It might not be better than "The Hustler", but I do think it's a worthy sequel.

POTC: On Stranger Tides ~ I actually like this one a little more than the first one, which I really love. The second and third ones are entertaining, but the CGI got very muddy in No. 3. I didn't really miss Will and Elizabeth in the fourth one and definitely liked the focus moving to Captain Jack Sparrow.

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan ~ As a Trekkie from Episode 1 in the Sixties, I love the first film and have watched it countless times. However, the second film is like a return to the original series and is simply dazzling. I love the rematch of Kirk and Khan, with both of them chomping the scenery to bits. The colors are gorgeous, and the music is magnificent! To be honest: Given a choice of Trek films to watch, I would pick this one. I still remember attending my first Star Trek convention, when we believed what Paramount said: that the first film had failed too badly to merit another. James Doohan and DeForest Kelley had us gather around them, seated in a half-circle on the floor (there were only a couple of hundred of us by then, with attendance later hitting @600), and told us they had a surprise. They had brought with them clips from the new film! I'm not ashamed to say that many of us were in tears upon this first look at scenes from a movie we thought would never be made. Good ol' Harve Bennett, who was a guest at the next couple of Space Trek conventions (as the events were called), told us at the second one that, in preparation, he had watched the series, read many of the paperback novels, then delved into fanzines for ideas. It really shows! BTW: the second one netted more than 3,000 due to the presence of Leonard Nimoy after many years of not appearing at conventions.)

Army of Darkness ~ I like the series, but I LOVE this one!

Mission: Impossible II ~ It's the only one I like actually. I just don't care for the others though I gave each a second look.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:03 AM

15,400 posts, read 19,082,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystMoonstruck View Post
Gremlins 2: The New Batch ~ The gremlins do what they are supposed to: mess with technology. In the first, they just act like a bunch of delinquents, messing with perhaps two pieces of machinery.

The Mummy Returns ~ I love the first film, but I like how the second one delves into the past. I don't even mind their son too much.

The Color of Money ~ It might not be better than "The Hustler", but I do think it's a worthy sequel.

POTC: On Stranger Tides ~ I actually like this one a little more than the first one, which I really love. The second and third ones are entertaining, but the CGI got very muddy in No. 3. I didn't really miss Will and Elizabeth in the fourth one and definitely liked the focus moving to Captain Jack Sparrow.

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan ~ As a Trekkie from Episode 1 in the Sixties, I love the first film and have watched it countless times. However, the second film is like a return to the original series and is simply dazzling. I love the rematch of Kirk and Khan, with both of them chomping the scenery to bits. The colors are gorgeous, and the music is magnificent! To be honest: Given a choice of Trek films to watch, I would pick this one. I still remember attending my first Star Trek convention, when we believed what Paramount said: that the first film had failed too badly to merit another. James Doohan and DeForest Kelley had us gather around them, seated in a half-circle on the floor (there were only a couple of hundred of us by then, with attendance later hitting @600), and told us they had a surprise. They had brought with them clips from the new film! I'm not ashamed to say that many of us were in tears upon this first look at scenes from a movie we thought would never be made. Good ol' Harve Bennett, who was a guest at the next couple of Space Trek conventions (as the events were called), told us at the second one that, in preparation, he had watched the series, read many of the paperback novels, then delved into fanzines for ideas. It really shows! BTW: the second one netted more than 3,000 due to the presence of Leonard Nimoy after many years of not appearing at conventions.)

Army of Darkness ~ I like the series, but I LOVE this one!

Mission: Impossible II ~ It's the only one I like actually. I just don't care for the others though I gave each a second look.
I agree Star Trek II was more entertaining and campy than the first Star Trek Movie but I prefer the first movie overall.

Old 02-23-2015, 06:57 AM

26,163 posts, read 14,530,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA
I can think of two. Aliens was better than the first Alien Movie AND Terminator II was better than Terminator!
Yes I will add

Empire Strikes Back (ORIGINAL VERSION)
Night of the living dead (1990) (Everyone dies in the original...Kinda stupid)
Back to the future 2 (As good (Or slightly better) as the first)

Old 02-23-2015, 07:12 AM

1,405 posts, read 732,485 times
Aliens and T2 being better than the originals is highly debatable. Same with Road Warrior and Mad Max. Honestly it's very difficult for me to find a movie truly better than the original, instead of simply bigger in scale or higher-budgeted.

Desperado is better than El Mariachi in pretty much every way.

Old 02-23-2015, 07:24 AM

15,150 posts, read 19,795,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
Aliens and T2 being better than the originals is highly debatable. Same with Road Warrior and Mad Max. Honestly it's very difficult for me to find a movie truly better than the original, instead of simply bigger in scale or higher-budgeted.
I wouldn't say ALIENS is better than ALIEN, because they are both some of the best movies ever made in their particular genre. ALIEN is a horror movie. ALIENS is an action movie. Comparing them isn't entirely fair.

T2 is better than T1, and I say that as someone who would put the first Terminator flick on my list of all-time favorite films. They're both classics.

THE ROAD WARRIOR is superior to MAD MAX in every conceivable way. THE ROAD WARRIOR is a great movie from beginning to end. MAD MAX is a horrible movie. Not just bad filmmaking, but actually disgusting. I hated, hated, hated MAD MAX.

Old 02-23-2015, 07:29 AM

42,331 posts, read 49,984,789 times
T2 is better.

I seriously disagree with the BTTF comments on here.

Second Hunger Games better than first even though the books suck in ascending order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies