Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2013, 06:13 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times

Advertisements

Was anyone else disappointed by the fact that in the recent third G.I. Joe movie installment, they brought back Duke's character, only just to eliminate him at the beginning?? (That's what I read anyway, when I looked the movie up -- and it is also the reason that I *am not* going to see it.) I mean, he was pretty much the main character and the protagonist, for the first 2 films -- the fact that his character survived to the end of the second film made me optimistic that we would see a full-scale reprisal (and not a termination) of his character, in the third film. But they simply off him, just like that?

You would have thought they might have learned their lesson when they made the G.I. Joe animated movie in the 1980's, where they originally planned to eliminate the character, but due to a popular fan-based outcry, were forced to only have him injured, rather than actually killing him off. How can you have G.I. Joe after all, without Duke in it??

(**Disclaimer: I normally very much dislike movies promoting the military-industrial complex, but I still have a certain nostalgia about G.I. Joe from watching the animated series when I was younger as a child.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 08:31 AM

559 posts, read 1,395,021 times
I wasn't disappointed by that even though I wasn't expecting it. My favorite characters were Storm Shadow and Firefly though - I would have been disappointed if they were gone. I have a feeling that there will be another installment and Duke will be back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies