U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 02:52 AM

6,291 posts, read 6,625,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
The one with the little person is first on my list. Looks very promising. I haven't had a chance to watch yet as I planned and hosted back-to-back parties this weekend.

How about you, EAP? Were you able to pick out any of the listed titles as something worth adding to your queue?
No. I have yet to copy and paste their titles into Youtube and find the ones that pique my interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 08:34 AM

25,798 posts, read 1,919,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
And yet you've already decided it's "wrong". Good grief.

Netflix doesn't exist to "sell you things" - it's proving access to thousands of titles, commercial free. And for a nominal monthly fee.

Why are you posting in a thread about a subject you're not even familiar with, and to condemn others for doing it " wrong".

Unless you have some titles to share from your netflix experience (which you've made abundantly clear that you haven't) please stop posting in my thread to derail it. You're more than welcome to start your own thread about the wonders of your movie reference books. This thread is about Netflix.

To everyone else - thanks for sharing all these great titles, I'm looking forward to watching all of the ones I haven't seen yet.
Great post.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:10 PM

13,293 posts, read 8,693,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Is that the name of a film or are you introducing yourself?
Ha, ha there is an unemployed comedian on every site

Old 06-03-2013, 05:23 PM

2,572 posts, read 5,231,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
Yes, that was a good miniseries. I watched it because I love Benedict Cumberbatch as well as Jared Harris (Mad Men) and Sam Neill.

Just watched London Boulevard - not everyone's cup of tea but we liked it.
I'm a big Benedict Cumberbatch fan too, and I started that miniseries but didn't finish it. Thanks for reminding me!

I recently watched Jekyll on Netflix. Another BBC miniseries, written by Steven Moffat so as a Doctor Who and Sherlock fan I was intrigued, and it was pretty good!

Old 06-04-2013, 04:42 AM

31,208 posts, read 27,601,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Half of my queue is comprised of movies I'd never have heard about otherwise. Part of the problem is that there aren't any indie houses where I live (in suburbia), part of it is that nothing really stays in theaters for very long, and part of it is that I don't watch a lot of TV to see the advertisements for these things when they do come through.
On Locate TV, you can plug in an actor's name or a movie to a search box and the name of the person or movie will come up. Click on it, then scroll down and it will tell you when and where it or the person is on TV. I think you can also subscribe for e-mail alerts on Locate TV.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:42 AM

6,291 posts, read 6,625,329 times
Although not an indy film, Idiocracy is a good film quite a number of people have never seen.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:57 AM

20,944 posts, read 19,129,498 times
his I thought was a very powerful movie.....
Safe Passage
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111054/

Old 06-06-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post
I'm a big Benedict Cumberbatch fan too, and I started that miniseries but didn't finish it. Thanks for reminding me!

I recently watched Jekyll on Netflix. Another BBC miniseries, written by Steven Moffat so as a Doctor Who and Sherlock fan I was intrigued, and it was pretty good!
Just watched the first episode and I am intrigued as well. I'll keep watching.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Although not an indy film, Idiocracy is a good film quite a number of people have never seen.
Yes, this movie is GREAT!! It is scarey and sad how much truth it contains. It's a good thing it was a comedy or else many people wouldn't have bothered with it. I've seen it a few times, but you reminded me that it is time to watch it again. Intelligent people everywhere - watch this movie and have more babies (I love the beginning) to help our country get back in balance.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:03 AM

10,979 posts, read 18,422,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
his I thought was a very powerful movie.....
Safe Passage
Safe Passage (1994) - IMDb
The plot being a woman with lots of kids reminded me of another Netflix find - A Home of Our Own, with Kathy Bates. If ever you wanted to punch someone out through the TV screen, then that movie is for you. Not a dig on Bates, though, she's great in it - but the writer made her so damn unsympathetic with her draconian parenting. It is a great movie to watch if you were exposed to poverty in childhood, because this movie will make you feel like the Prince of Siam.

Idiocracy was a very good film, which I watched with my son - we joke to each other about it when we come across people through the course of a day who seem like the ones who will be our future. Far too few people have seen this flick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies