Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 09:03 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,654,534 times

Advertisements

I agree. It's wort it. I hope Hollywood hears us, and cuts out the slasher films.

This was scary not bloody.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:02 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,969,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
It did make me jump and some parts were pretty good.

But I did not leave that theater feeling scared. (I guess I like scarey movies)

I actually was surprised when it was over and wondered when I was going to be terrified? I never was.

I guess I have watched so many documdramas about spirits and hauntings, that most of what the paranormal experts said, did not surprise me.

If you like to be haunted and scared, go see it! If you are not afraid of much, still go see it!
There's only one movie that I can think of that really scared me and stayed with me for days. Most films are scary because they have startling moments where something pops up and loud music or sound effects are used to get a jump out of the audience. They are usually preceded by a long silence. I call these "cheap scares" and I hate them because you can have an image of the care bears pop up on screen and if you accompany it with a loud spike in music or sound effects it will startle people.

But anyway, the one movie that really scared me was Jeepers Creepers. Now I know that's a movie a lot of people find cheesy, and maybe I would have too if I didn't first see it when I was 13 years old, but think about how the movie unfolded. It was very slowly and patiently. And there weren't really any startling "cheap scares". The movie genuinely disturbed me by the way they created uncertainty about what the creeper was until the very end.

Also, I will say the last 6 minutes of candyman were very weird and disturbing.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:44 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,469,865 times
I'm going to see The Conjuring this Saturday. I'm looking forward to a good scare.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:04 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Went to see it last night, it lived up to expectations. There are a couple of things I think I would have done differently but overall it was an excellent horror film. Well done!

Old 07-25-2013, 05:57 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,229,862 times
I saw the movie today w/ my husband. Although I thought it to be very good, I did not find it to be super scary. In fact, at times I thought it to be slow. I did find it interesting that it was a true story and don't regret going to see it.

I found this about the doll, Annabelle. A movie could almost be made just about her.

The True Story Of Annabelle, The Haunted Doll From THE CONJURING | Badass Digest

Old 07-26-2013, 11:00 AM

8,317 posts, read 13,444,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I am and I can't wait! Very excited!

Do you know much about the real story?
that is a very good marketing technique used by studios. "Based on a true story" is such a vague phrase that you do not know what parts are fabricated and what parts are true. Further more, typically, the lamest or technical details would be true but the real scary parts would be exaggerated or fabricated.

That said, I really do hope this is not an over-hyped horror flick as good horror movies have been far and few in between!

Lily Taylor had that same scared look on her face since The Haunting! lol....she fits the role real well. Well, I guess I will grab a pair of clean undies and a can of Lysol and go see it this weekend!

Funniest part of the good horror flicks is watching the face and reaction of people sitting next to you. Hopefully I can sneak in my camera to shoot the faces of people!

Watching a short video of that could be very entertaining, kinda like this one:

Extrem scary ghost prank - der Geist beim Babysitter - YouTube

Old 07-26-2013, 08:09 PM

124 posts, read 227,724 times
Wow, I was so disappointed in this movie! I am a scary movie buff and open to any and all movies in that genre,with exception of slasher films. I love em all, whether it be ghosts, Sci Fi, aliens,monsters, apocalyptic movies, virus movies, zombie movies(my favorite) and even demon possession types like this one. This movie was just so predictable- demon possession, exorcisms, crosses falling down....sorry. It was a huge yawn. BTW, Uthorns96, I loved Jeepers Creepers I.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:41 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,613,090 times
Good,entertaining first 2/3rds. Cheesey,predictable,mismatched last third.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:01 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
Saw it. Meh, did nothing for me. I don't believe in paranormal crap to begin with, so I have a difficult time suspending my disbelief for these types of film. But I had read this one was really good and scary, but no it wasn't either.

Old 07-27-2013, 04:43 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,613,090 times
I googled "true Story of The Counjouring" And much to my surprise, parties involved speak highly of the movie and its basic truths of what happened. One of the daughters has a book out depicting far more horrors then told in the movie. I can't do links on this iPad but there is a lot of info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies