My details are very limited but maybe this will help:
(1) Movie was maybe based in Northwest US or British Columbia. It seem to be cloudy, maybe wet a lot.
(2) I'm thinking 1980's
(3) There was a setting of a log cabin? type home in the country
(4) Father was a lumberjack I think, big guy, beard maybe. Mother was simple and pretty if I recall.
(5) A son, maybe two sons. One (a teen) wants to get away from the area. Not interested in the lumberjack lifestyle. I think ?? he may have had a mohawk style haircut but not the buzzed kind where remainder of head is shaved, maybe even an earring. The other brother was more simple, loved his home life.
(6) I'm really thinking Canadian movie but not sure. On TV. Not a big screen production. Family type movie, probably rated G.
This ring a bell with anyone?