Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 09:26 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,812,823 times

Advertisements

Everytime I bring up Woody Allen Movies people make a look of disgust and say "that child molester" and want to discontinue the conversation as quick as possible. Are your opinions the same and do you find him to be a no talent pervert?

I am annoyed by this though because he was never indicted or convicted of child molestation. He is a neurotic and weird looking guy but so what!!? Thats what makes him funny in his movies

Anyways, Woody Allen has been making comedies and dramas for so many years. I actually find his movies to be sophisticated and pretty darn hilarious and zany!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 09:54 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,773,831 times
I LOVE his movies!!!

I also think he's a perv; but that doesn't affect my opinion of his movies...I love them and enjoy discussing his movies.......I don't turn my nose up...I simply don't concern myself with what he does in his real life...but yes I would say he's definitely got some problems...

Old 11-18-2007, 10:03 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,289,773 times
I was never a fan - before or after he started sleeping with his stepdaughter. That incident disgusted me then, and still does today. Soon-Yi was 10 years old when he began his relationship with her mother. He had a parental role in her life. Despite the fact that he never adopted her, and she was an adult at the time the affair was revealed, it still has an incestuous stench about it.

It was a horrible thing for her to do to her mother, and for him to do to his wife.

Old 11-19-2007, 03:25 AM

133 posts, read 554,777 times
I do like a lot of Woody's films: Bananas, What's Up Tiger Lily?, Manhattan Murder Mystery, Zelig, Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sex * But Were Affraid To Ask, Small Time Crooks, Annie Hall, Take The Money And Run, Match Point, et al...

Old 11-19-2007, 04:14 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,338,464 times
I think he is a no talent perv.

I think he has serious mental problems, I think his movies are his way of having therapy.

Take a look at Hannah and her Sisters in the light of the fact that he married a child who once called him Father. You will see that he was thinking about this LONG before he did it.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:23 AM

15,789 posts, read 21,302,505 times
We all have our demons. I don't think he's all that bad of a guy. He did something INCREDIBLY stupid, but hey, it was a 2 way street. When the affair occurred, she was of legal age and knew what the consequences would be for her actions. I hate it when everyone only blames him- it was both of them.

He's still my favorite director. I was named after a character in Annie Hall (Allison Porchnick... and I ended up growing up and becoming "Jewish, left-wing, liberal, intellectual, Central Park West, Brandeis University."

I'm also desperately in like with his son, Ronan Farrow. Look the guy up... he's my all time celebrity crush and absolutely brilliant. :P

Old 11-19-2007, 04:23 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,548,584 times
I think he is an excellent director and I love most of his films. I actually bought a Woody Allen DVD collection. The law takes care of his private life, not me. So, I will not pass judgement on him mostly because I really don't follow gossip to much and I don't know the whole story.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:47 AM

4,720 posts, read 15,559,765 times
I am not involved in his private life, so what he does with an adult woman is his business,( thank God i dont have to deal with something like that-poor Mia!) He is also still married (whats it been-10 years now?) His movies are clearly a result of talent. I am always entertained and find him a genious in what he does . I would not want him over for Thanksgiving though.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:15 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,164,722 times
Woody Allen from what I understand has always been a love/hate type of guy. People always seem to either think he's a genius or can't stand him. Personal life aside I think the guy truly is a comedic genius. People in general now seem to hate him more than love him.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:05 PM

4,720 posts, read 15,559,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Woody Allen from what I understand has always been a love/hate type of guy. People always seem to either think he's a genius or can't stand him. Personal life aside I think the guy truly is a comedic genius. People in general now seem to hate him more than love him.
Can I assume you live in Manhatten? What kind of press does he get now a days? Does he get hassled or pretty much ignored by you "yowkers". I saw him years ago with his band in the city and beleive it or not--stand up in chicago suburbs in the 70's. Jim Croce was his opening act (whew-my age is showing, I'll bet no one even remembers him)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies