Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 05:13 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,579,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon12 View Post
Pretty much any Nicholas Sparks book-turned-movie. I remember watching Message in a Bottle and vowing to never watch a Nicholas Sparks movie ever again.
Yup. I remember watching that thinking "I didn't know he was going to die!!!!" Same thing for The Notebook - I expected her to die, but not him! I sat in the theater and bawled.

And I would love to recommend that people watch Ring of Bright Water -- a delightful movie about a charming otter and his owner... until the end, when it's mistaken for a rat and clubbed to death. What's especially sad is that it's based on a true story, and I guess that they didn't want to change the ending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 05:34 PM

679 posts, read 810,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
And I would love to recommend that people watch Ring of Bright Water -- a delightful movie about a charming otter and his owner... until the end, when it's mistaken for a rat and clubbed to death. What's especially sad is that it's based on a true story, and I guess that they didn't want to change the ending.
OMG! I could never watch that. Otters are my absolute favorite non-domestic animal.

Old 10-26-2013, 05:38 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,203,266 times
"The Last Picture Show"

The whole movie is a "downer" including the end.

Love to watch it when I feel like getting in a good depressed mood just for the heck of it. [nice cloudy dreary November day, nothing else to do...]

Old 10-26-2013, 05:43 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
"Love Story." She dies. Ryan O'Neill can't act.
LOL, and neither can Ali McGraw.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:59 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,143,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
i saw that on TCM. the clubbing threw me for a loop.

i believe the farmer knew it was an otter, and that they were considered pests to get gotten rid of, and found it perfectly within his rights to kill it, until he looked up and saw her face that is.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:08 PM

23,596 posts, read 70,402,242 times
Trivia - around here people have catfish ponds. An otter can clean one out in a remarkably short period of time.

(Yeah, I know Ali McGraw can't act, but her character died, so I figured that was a wash. )

Which reminds me of "The Champ" from the same era. We shoulda sold Kleenex at the concession stand.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:18 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
It was a Disney movie, about a guy studying wolves in Alaska. In the end, the wolves are killed. But, the Eskimo who killed the wolves, got new braces!

Leaving Las Vegas, Nicholas Cage goes there to drink himself to death, meets a hooker, both are losers. He dies in the end. She continues hooking. Would have ruined the movie if he stopped drinking, and they got married and lived in Suburbia.

Any movie where the dog dies. Forget it. I have so much counter transference, I bawl for days, experiencing grief again from when my dog died.

My Girl, McCauley Caulkin dies.... That is sad.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:29 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,143,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
It was a Disney movie, about a guy studying wolves in Alaska. In the end, the wolves are killed. But, the Eskimo who killed the wolves, got new braces!
i've seen that - never cry wolf (1983), with the guy from american graffiti, charles martin smith. good film.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:56 AM

11,865 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Up In The Air. I loved this movie because of the way it ends. It wasn't tied up with a pretty little bow at the end. Instead, he puts himself out there only to have his heart broken.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:40 AM

3,973 posts, read 5,166,449 times
Pay it Forward - Can't really say why without ruining it for others. Let's just say it was completely unexpected and I sat there thinking "Why?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies