U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 08:35 AM

267 posts, read 283,946 times

Advertisements

Trailer for this finally hit! Very excited to see this! I think it's going to be alot of fun and epic at the same time. Trailer can be viewed below
Big Kev's Geek Stuff Blog Archive Yay! Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer is here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 08:50 AM

12,854 posts, read 10,825,447 times
Oh God, too funny...loved Rocky...I probably will miss this one, tho.
Looks fun for Marvel geeks.
Thanks for showing us.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:27 AM

15,140 posts, read 19,784,335 times
Never read the comic. Trailer looks like this movie is basically a live action cartoon. It'll either be awesome and one of the best flicks of the year or a spectacularly awful embarrassment. No middle ground on this one.

How is it that DC can't figure out how to put Wonder Woman onscreen, but Marvel is putting out movies with talking raccoons and sentient houseplants?

Old 02-19-2014, 11:50 AM

484 posts, read 590,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark s. View Post
never read the comic. Trailer looks like this movie is basically a live action cartoon. It'll either be awesome and one of the best flicks of the year or a spectacularly awful embarrassment. No middle ground on this one.

how is it that dc can't figure out how to put wonder woman onscreen, but marvel is putting out movies with talking raccoons and sentient houseplants?

lol!

Old 07-24-2014, 08:42 PM

8,888 posts, read 9,017,219 times
This is going to be good, right?

Old 07-25-2014, 10:50 AM

18,409 posts, read 11,666,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Never read the comic. Trailer looks like this movie is basically a live action cartoon. It'll either be awesome and one of the best flicks of the year or a spectacularly awful embarrassment. No middle ground on this one.

How is it that DC can't figure out how to put Wonder Woman onscreen, but Marvel is putting out movies with talking raccoons and sentient houseplants?

That last sentence is too funny! Thanks for the laugh.

I could never figure out why DC is failing (for the most part) at getting a lot of its characters on the big screen.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:35 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,901,923 times
It is getting really good reviews so far. Looks like Marvel is having a great year, after Captain America 2, which was extremely awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
LOL...Marvel doesn't take itself nearly as seriously and it has a pretty dedicated fanbase now that will watch anything they do. It's a far cry from the days when they had to sell the rights to Spider-Man, Fantastic Four and Daredevil -- they did get Daredevil back, at least.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:59 PM

9,912 posts, read 7,177,805 times
I'm a fan of Super Hero movies but when I saw the trailer to this one I couldn't help but think it is gonna bomb. Sorry I hope I'm wrong.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:42 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,553,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
This is going to be good, right?
probably

Old 07-28-2014, 12:04 PM

25,474 posts, read 14,569,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I'm a fan of Super Hero movies but when I saw the trailer to this one I couldn't help but think it is gonna bomb. Sorry I hope I'm wrong.
It is different but the initial press which is VERY favorable (haven't heard a bad word about it from various personalities who saw early press screenings and as of right now it is at about 100% on Rotten Tomatoes) plus there is already an announced sequel in the works for it. It also to be a lot more of a space adventure than the traditional super hero movies. Many people can see it bombing, personally between this or Ant Man, I'd say Ant Man would bomb but I think it was a little too early to announce the sequel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or