Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 07:39 PM

634 posts, read 896,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
Well I just hope they dont make Carrie Fisher wear the gold bikini again, she looked great in it when she was 26, probably not now at 56
Rumor has it their all on diets, so there's hope.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:58 PM

4,657 posts, read 4,115,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Please...someone make it all stop. They should have left SW alone. Those 3 following films were dreadful. One more Jar Jar Binks appearance and I am running off to Mexico.
Indeed, if they had tried to make bad films, what would they have done differently?

Old 03-24-2014, 12:49 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,487,125 times
too much CGI in eps I, II & III, felt like I was watching a cartoon...if they can somehow find the right blend of CGI, animatronics, stop motion and scale models then Star Wars could be great once again

Old 03-24-2014, 02:27 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,245,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethe View Post
Really? I thought the pain started long before that with Episode 6, too much of a kids movie, 4 and 5 had a more serious side, I dread what Disney is cookin up.
Yeah, I tend to agree. Return of the Jedi had some good parts. The scenes with Vader and Luke were some of the best in the series. The entire rest of the movie ... not so much.

Act I of RotJ made no sense whatsoever. The leader of the Rebel Alliance is captured by a crime lord. I know! Let's send the Alliance's top leaders under cover to spring him! Why not just level Jabba's palace from space and dig Han out of the rubble? Or send in an entire strike force?

Act II gets worse. They thaw out Han, one of the coolest rogues in film history, only to find that he has become Ward Cleaver. And the guy who sold out the Princess and the leaders of the Rebel Alliance in the last movie? I know! Instead of putting him in jail, let's let him lead the attack!

And the Ewoks. Quit complaining about Jar Jar. After the Ewoks, we should've known Jar Jar was going to be a cartoon.

Act III. Again, the scenes with Luke and Vader are some of the best in the series. The rest? Meh.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:52 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,487,125 times
Ewoks were probably something they had to use CGI on instead of just putting midgets in furry costumes

Old 03-25-2014, 10:45 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,246,558 times
Quote:
too much CGI in eps I, II & III, felt like I was watching a cartoon...if they can somehow find the right blend of CGI, animatronics, stop motion and scale models then Star Wars could be great once again
Stop motion costs huge bucks and takes a lot of time. CGI is quick and can be very good. Economically, while stop motion is still done in some instances, CGI makes it possible to do many other effects not possible as well.

I liked the first three. It was all about Anikan's arc, and how he was turned, and the irony that his last final stop on that road was out of love, to save his wife. The middle three are Luke's arc. I look forward to the last three since it makes it complete. They will be Leia's children. This goes with the first segment, of the dissolving and breakdown of freedom and choice, ending in the empire, and then the reign of Empire and power, and I would guess, the breaking of it and starting anew in the last three. It was always envisioned an classic mythos and it seems incomplete without the rest.

I rewatched the middle films after seeing the first three, and you see the characters, their decisions, and much else differently. With New Hope, it was like watching a whole new tale.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:49 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,246,558 times
Quote:
Ewoks were probably something they had to use CGI on instead of just putting midgets in furry costumes
No, the Ewoks were actors. This was the weakest, in my estamation except for Anikan/Vaders end, of the series. The cute furry Ewoks were also supposed to be staged for kiddy Christmas gifts. But it backfired and there was a delay in shipping and the Star Wars stuff arrive in time for the after christmas sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies