Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 07:56 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times

Advertisements

Yup,even God would not like it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2014, 08:04 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Finally saw this on dvd. Well, sort of. I made it through the first twenty minutes before I got bored and turned it off, right about the time of the talking rock creatures.
Pretty awful movie. The story wasn't interesting and I couldn't identify with the characters. God believed eating meat was a sin? I missed that part of the Bible.
Try zeeing it on the big screen...maybe Pompeii was worse.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:36 AM

235 posts, read 298,858 times
I don't know. To me it was bleh. For one thing, Russell Crowe and Jennifer Connelly look way too Anglo to convincingly pass for Biblical era Hebrews. For another, I found the plotline flat and the movie dragged. I already know what happened, so the whole thing was anti-climactic for me.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:46 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownGirl19 View Post
Russell Crowe and Jennifer Connelly look way too Anglo to convincingly pass for Biblical era Hebrews.
Nitpick: The "Hebrews" didn't come along till AFTER the Flood. One of Noah's sons was Shem, who had a descendant named Eber, from where we get "Hebrew."

That said, Noah certainly predated the Europeans, so your basic point is valid.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:40 AM

1,492 posts, read 1,617,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Nitpick: The "Hebrews" didn't come along till AFTER the Flood. One of Noah's sons was Shem, who had a descendant named Eber, from where we get "Hebrew."

That said, Noah certainly predated the Europeans, so your basic point is valid.
Nice point about Shem's son "Eber"! I never knew that.

As far as the movie, it was terrible. I and five friends watched it a couple of weeks ago. All of use thought the movie was absolutely pathetic.

Old 09-30-2014, 02:04 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
I still haven't seen it. I'd like to. But I find Aronofsky's stuff rather over-rated, so it isn't very high on my To Watch list.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:28 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisTime2010 View Post
I saw it, didn't like it. Didn't leave because I was on a date & you know -- the nicities. But oh yes, I think it had an agenda, but hey, I'm one of of those "Bible People."

Lets see, didn't like the demons saying they got kicked out by the creator when all they were trying to do was help Adam. Didn't like them helping to build the Ark. Didn't like the Ark having a sow away and him eating the animals. Didn't like the one "nice / good demon repenting and seemingly going up." Didn't the open access of the door to the Ark, didn't like that the kids were the foundation of the family / marriage (but that does emulate society) WHEN AREN'T THE HUSBAND AND WIFE SUPPOSED TO BE THE FOUNDATION FOR THE KIDS AND THE FAMILY? Didn't like that Noah never prayed and was always angry. And seemingly the girl had the most faith. I was like hmmm maybe keep her and throw all the rest over board and start over . Just the mockery, blasphemy and poking fun. Hey you don't have to believe the Bible is real and you don't have to believe the Stories in the Bible, but for goodness sake there are tons of other things in the world to poke fun at an pervert, oh, but that wouldn't be perverting the Christian faith now would it? Its sooo funny freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom its all free until it comes to Christians expressing and standing for what we believe - then that freedom stops.

But okay--- guess I won't be one to jump on the Smith wagon and go see Cain and Able. I'm good. Smh!! And next time nice or rude I will leave the movies and opt for something more enjoyable. Ugh!! But what do I know....I'm just one of those narrow minded Bible People.
I'm wondering after seeing someone pour their current day agenda into a movie where it didn't belong, would we trust these same people with future movies we might see on any subject? I wouldn't.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:01 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
Saw this on PPV last night. Thought it was an entertaining movie.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:12 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,137,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well done, Darren Aronofsky, director. Sp?
This is why I added it to my Netflix dvd queue - Darren Aronofsky. So far I've seen his first (Pi), second (Requiem for a Dream), 5th (The Wrestler), and 6th (Black Swan) and liked every one of them. So in the interest of following his filmography, I'll give it a go sometime this year.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:17 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
my sister went to see it and she disliked it very much of course she is a bible person and a church goer so I figured she would not like it .
I couldnt go it at all... didnt watch it till the end as I was so bored..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies