Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which zombie move do you prefer?
I Am Legend 17 51.52%
World War Z 16 48.48%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 12:32 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,657,968 times

Advertisements

I liked the both, although if I had to pick I'd choose Legend. Neither was as good as the 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 12:34 PM

734 posts, read 1,081,797 times
World War Z. Those zombies were crazy!!

Old 05-23-2014, 08:24 PM

29,511 posts, read 22,636,772 times
IAL was decent, Will Smith really carried that movie with his wonderful performance.

I liked WWZ much better, though both movies had some annoyingly unrealistic computer generated zombies.

Considering the source material and controversy, I think WWZ did a good job of creating an engrossing zombie type flick. Some of the set action sequences were sensational (the airplane, in Jerusalem, in the lab towards the end).

Old 05-23-2014, 09:04 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,971,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
IAL was decent, Will Smith really carried that movie with his wonderful performance.

I liked WWZ much better, though both movies had some annoyingly unrealistic computer generated zombies.

Considering the source material and controversy, I think WWZ did a good job of creating an engrossing zombie type flick. Some of the set action sequences were sensational (the airplane, in Jerusalem, in the lab towards the end).
If Will Smit wasn't on his toes in that movie, it would have been a total flop, since he takes up about 90% of the screen time. It's just him and the dog, then that lady and her kid near the end, no one else has more than 1 minute of screen time.

At least in WWZ there are some other characters, a family that's still alive, etc. Brad Pitt can be a tremendous actor too, despite all the slack about him just being a "pretty boy". I appreciated WWZ more mainly because they didn't make every zombie CGI like was done in IAL, they looked like they were straight out of a video game.

WWZ had a lot more intense scenes, the budget seemed bigger, the special effects more well done. The ending of WWZ was much more pleasing, even though the progression of the story line was a little convoluted. IAL had a more compelling story, the ending was a little disappointing, and the smaller scope left you wanting more. Just my opinion.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:01 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,501,758 times
I Am Legend really wasn't a zombie movie.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:08 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Both movies were ok, not great but I think I Am Legend was a little better. I just had high hopes for WWZ and it wasn't that great.
I agree.
I found WWZ went too far with the implausibility factor.
It all has to be implausible, but they went too far for no reason.
It got annoying - like gratuitous suspense/cliffhangers.

I Am Legend made me feel for the main character.
Everything does not go his way.
His isolation was palpable.
The dog thing killed me.

I would not bother watching either again.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:13 AM

2,218 posts, read 3,452,580 times
I have not seen I am Legend, but I was very disappointed by World War Z. It is very unlike the book. The book is M U C H better.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
I Am Legend really wasn't a zombie movie.
Really? Then what were they?

Old 05-24-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
I have not seen I am Legend, but I was very disappointed by World War Z. It is very unlike the book. The book is M U C H better.
I keep hearing that, that the book and the movie have very little in common besides the name. I've heard that in the book the speed of the zombies is slow, they kind of walk and lumber along, they aren't super fast like they are in the movie.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I agree.
I found WWZ went too far with the implausibility factor.
It all has to be implausible, but they went too far for no reason.
It got annoying - like gratuitous suspense/cliffhangers.

I Am Legend made me feel for the main character.
Everything does not go his way.
His isolation was palpable.
The dog thing killed me.

I would not bother watching either again.
What do you mean they went too far?

Apparently that killed a lot of people. I know a girl who refuses to watch the movie because someone spoiled it and told her that the dog in the movie dies, being a serious dog lover she's adamantly against watching it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies