Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 10:43 AM

578 posts, read 2,529,065 times

Advertisements

I never mind the spoilers, I love to hear how it ends anyways. Besides, I heard that the relationship between the dog & character of Will was some of the BEST PARTS of the movie.

Gosh a mighty, did they really have to shoot Ol' Yeller? that seems to be what the significant parts of movies have; killing the dog scene?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 11:45 AM

863 posts, read 2,784,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeleenieWeenie View Post
All reviews are saying that "CRAPPOLA FEST" of Will Smith's new movie. The author mentioned that aspects of his book were done many times over.
I preferred the "Omega Man".... anybody just love Charlton Heston screaming "soylent green is people!"
I liked "The Omega Man" too, but Heston said the "soylent green" line in the movie "Soylent Green".

Old 12-26-2007, 11:57 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skye1974 View Post
I liked "The Omega Man" too, but Heston said the "soylent green" line in the movie "Soylent Green".
OK now I have to say it -
"Take Your STINKING PAWS OFF ME YOU DAMN DIRTY APE!"

The man just has a way of exclamating.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:56 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
The first thing I see is Will Smith in a brand new Ford Mustang drifting through abandoned New York. These Hollywood actors really bother me. They cry Global Warming, and complain about huge corporations corrupting our economy and ruining the planet, yet they participate in films that completely advertise all the huge corporations that they are fighting against. Whatever.
**Some Spoilers Ahead**

Ummm...no.

Smith's Mustang ride is an homage to The Omega Man which has Heston riding around in a...you guessed it...red Mustang. FYI, his repeating the Shrek lines from memory is another homage as Heston does that while watching the movie, 'Woodstock.'

And cleaning his dog who becomes infected is an homage to the Last Man on Earth as Vincent Price befriends a seemingly normal pooch and then cleans him up only to find that he is indeed infected. He kills him as does Smith.

Anyway, I am a big fan of the prior two films and thought this one pretty good, although it could have been better here and there. I would have preferred Smith as being besieged every night as Heston and Price were rather than hiding. And I have just about had it with CGIs for people. Come on Hollywood, you have make up artists and trick photography...

One thing they did do better is delay the appearance of the Dark Seekers, whereas in the other two films they make a faster appearance.

Omega Man is still the best of the three, but they all have their merits.

A-/B+

Old 12-29-2007, 01:57 PM

278 posts, read 910,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower53072 View Post
I just saw this today. I loved the first 3/4 of it. I think they could have made it longer and made a much better ending after developing the characters a bit more. It seemed a bit rushed to me at the end.
I felt the same way. It's like the movie was going along....but never got to where it needed to be. I was greatly disappointed with how it ended....too many loose ends.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:42 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,167,793 times
I went to see it today, the reason? German Shepherd. She was a star of the movie. After she died, everything went down to hell.

Good riddance!

Old 01-03-2008, 11:41 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,147,153 times
Default Watched it twice

I really enjoyed it. Will Smith's acting is getting better and better. Watched it with DH the first time then took my kids to see it on Christmas Day. We are all Will Smith fans. Especially my 5 year old who loves I Robot

Old 01-03-2008, 06:49 PM

278 posts, read 910,157 times
Will Smith did a superb job! It was the actual story line that petered out in the end.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:54 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,147,153 times
Great now I have to read the book

Old 01-08-2008, 06:10 PM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,045,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socrates1234 View Post
A lot of "I am" quotes in the movie world lately....the great line from Beowulf
was "I am BEOWULF"!
"Luke, I am your father."

That was from a famous science fiction movie from a ways back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies