Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 11:07 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,921,472 times

Advertisements

Won't go see it with Mark Wahlberg in it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 02:55 PM

560 posts, read 846,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Ok saw just saw another trailer. Um, did Mark Wahlberg just block an attack from a Decepticon? I know he lifts weights and everything but really?

A quote from a review i read

Give Age Of Extinction this much credit: Of all the Transformers movies, this is the longest.

I heard a review on the way to work this morning...

"Any movie where the number of stars in the rating is fewer than the number of hours in length is probably not worth it."

and

"Should have been titled Age of Exhaustion."

I'll watch it - but not in the theater.

Old 06-27-2014, 03:42 PM

8,737 posts, read 9,434,456 times
The bad reviews that I'm reading on sweet, I mean rotten tomatoes and I mean they are annihilating the movie, and comparing it to their review of the first and other reviews of Transformer movies, they are sort of causing me to want to see it for sure now. LOL, Not so much that my tastes ever meshed with the masses the audience reviews are bad, their up at 70% but then again, that might have only been 2 -5 audience reviews total, I didn't tally the votes.

I'm still on the fence though, so some of you go see it this evening and report back before tomorrow afternoon, I don't want to have to wait till next weekend. J/K

Old 06-27-2014, 06:14 PM

29,464 posts, read 22,444,203 times
This shizz is over 2 and a half hours long. Do they really expect kids to sit still for that long?

Old 06-28-2014, 08:02 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,251,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
The bad reviews that I'm reading on sweet, I mean rotten tomatoes and I mean they are annihilating the movie, and comparing it to their review of the first and other reviews of Transformer movies, they are sort of causing me to want to see it for sure now. LOL, Not so much that my tastes ever meshed with the masses the audience reviews are bad, their up at 70% but then again, that might have only been 2 -5 audience reviews total, I didn't tally the votes.

I'm still on the fence though, so some of you go see it this evening and report back before tomorrow afternoon, I don't want to have to wait till next weekend. J/K
Ok, so despite my misgivings, I saw it yesterday. I did not see it in 3D or IMAX, just the first showing for $6.50.

I liked the first one, couldn't stand the next two. I read some of the reviews, but I've learned that more than half of the time I liked the movies the critics panned.

Surprisingly, I liked it. I thought it was as good as the first one. Was it great, one of the best of the summer? No. However, it was good. Yes, there were some stupid jokes and one of the characters was a bit schizophrenic, but not a bad movie.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Ok, so despite my misgivings, I saw it yesterday. I did not see it in 3D or IMAX, just the first showing for $6.50.

I liked the first one, couldn't stand the next two. I read some of the reviews, but I've learned that more than half of the time I liked the movies the critics panned.

Surprisingly, I liked it. I thought it was as good as the first one. Was it great, one of the best of the summer? No. However, it was good. Yes, there were some stupid jokes and one of the characters was a bit schizophrenic, but not a bad movie.
Thanks you for that review, glad you liked it. though I was on the fence, I can't believe as a grown woman, I gave so much thought to this movie, but I had decided before I went to sleep, I was gonna go see the movie no matter what this afternoon. I can't explain why I get such a thrill watching those huge metal toys morph back and forth, makes me giddy. I better not hear others that are into blue people or giant Barneys and other flying space craft with mutant formations leading teams criticize my happy. LOL Anyway, I'll see it around 2pm this afternoon. Can't wait.

I will be back with my feelings about the movie, good or bad; I don't shy away from giving negative feedback even if I love a particular franchise actor, etc. I would have gone to see the $6.50 priced morning show, but I wasn't up to an 10 am showing.

Old 06-28-2014, 04:43 PM

Boy, those critics really have it in for the Bay, what's did he do to those people. Anyway, audiences don't seem to be hating it as much as the critics and other anti Bay haters want them to.

Anyway, I loved it, well most of it, some terrible dialogue here and there, but mostly it gave me what I went to see this kind of movie for, I was smiling so much, it was too long, and did get a bit murky toward the last 1/2 hour or so, I don't know, could have been the sugar drop I had at that moment, nothing a piece of candy didn't help me through. Thought I was going to have to call 911, I would have been more pissed not to have finished watching the movie. Ha, ha, ha, I kill me. Anyway, I was in toy heaven, so was most of the audience it seemed. I didn't even miss the parents or any of the previous actors actresses though I was stunned by one scene in the movie. Over all, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I wouldn't compare it to the first at all, I don't any of them can live live up to that, but this one I please me much more than 2 and 3.

And there were other grown ups, (old ladies like me, but less senile) in the audience enjoying the movie along with me.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:24 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,251,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Boy, those critics really have it in for the Bay, what's did he do to those people. Anyway, audiences don't seem to be hating it as much as the critics and other anti Bay haters want them to.

Anyway, I loved it, well most of it, some terrible dialogue here and there, but mostly it gave me what I went to see this kind of movie for, I was smiling so much, it was too long, and did get a bit murky toward the last 1/2 hour or so, I don't know, could have been the sugar drop I had at that moment, nothing a piece of candy didn't help me through. Thought I was going to have to call 911, I would have been more pissed not to have finished watching the movie. Ha, ha, ha, I kill me. Anyway, I was in toy heaven, so was most of the audience it seemed. I didn't even miss the parents or any of the previous actors actresses though I was stunned by one scene in the movie. Over all, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I wouldn't compare it to the first at all, I don't any of them can live live up to that, but this one I please me much more than 2 and 3.

And there were other grown ups, (old ladies like me, but less senile) in the audience enjoying the movie along with me.
Glad that you liked it. There were mostly older people in my theater as well. Not many kids.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Glad that you liked it. There were mostly older people in my theater as well. Not many kids.
Thanks, I went not expecting much, but I'm so glad I went. We had a lot of kids, but many adults of various ages. They all seemed to enjoy the movie, it seemed longer than necessary, but it didn't feel as long as 3 hours.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:41 PM

9,240 posts, read 9,710,743 times
The plot is truly weak and the dialogue gets stupid at times. But generally speaking it is an ok movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies