Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 06:17 AM

863 posts, read 1,129,245 times

Advertisements

The movie was garbage. Had a similar feel to the last three films (I did think the first one was good, though). Transformium? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
I personally think this Transformers looks like crap. The last two were so so, first one was good...not great but good. I think Michael Bay is one of the worst in the industry and regurgitates everything anyway.
I agree. Just look at the upcoming TMNT movie (yeah yeah, he's not the director. However, his name is splashed all over the trailers as if he is. It looks like Teenage Mutant Ninja Transformers).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 10:17 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,678,559 times
Brb, advertise dinobots. Brb dinobots barely in the movie

Old 07-11-2014, 07:50 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,468,466 times
I liked the movie. I mean, I don't go to a Transformers movie thinking it's going to win a bunch of Emmys. I wasn't expecting a plot twisting story that keeps you guessing. I just wanted to go and see the action, check out the new girl in the movie (which I can't get over Markie Mark playing the role as of a dad.) It was a little long for my tastes - 2 hours and 45 minutes? Really?

I don't really expect much in terms of storyline in modern day action/sci fi movies. If we come across one that is as brilliant with the story and dialogue as it is with its action scenes, you know that's a rare thing.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:49 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I liked the movie. I mean, I don't go to a Transformers movie thinking it's going to win a bunch of Emmys. I wasn't expecting a plot twisting story that keeps you guessing. I just wanted to go and see the action, check out the new girl in the movie (which I can't get over Markie Mark playing the role as of a dad.) It was a little long for my tastes - 2 hours and 45 minutes? Really?

I don't really expect much in terms of storyline in modern day action/sci fi movies. If we come across one that is as brilliant with the story and dialogue as it is with its action scenes, you know that's a rare thing.

I know, it was about a bunch of robots morphing back and forth and fighting, ie Transformers my goodness
Sorry it couldn't be deep like movies featuring spaceships and dinosaurs and the like which had all that great dialogue and award worthy acting. But it's ok, people like what they like. I liked this very much, it was great fun to watch stuff blow up and the bots do their thing. Was it too long, was the acting mostly cheesy, silly yes, but still it was stupid fun to watch the autobots do what they do. Expecting anything to be believable in a movie about robots that turn into talking cars, now that's crazy talk.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:21 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Anyone else noticed the rather curious ending scenes between the Stanley Tucci character and the Chinese woman he was infatuated with?

Throughout the movie he keeps talking about he loved that woman, how he wanted to kiss her, and in the end when they finally meet at the pier.....nothing but weird forced smiles.

I was like, ooookayyyy.

What, producers were afraid of 'offending' Chinese audiences?

Old 07-12-2014, 12:56 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,756,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

What, producers were afraid of 'offending' Chinese audiences?
Maybe. And Chinese (in China) still don't kiss in public.
At least 30+ people don't.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:51 PM

9 posts, read 10,325 times
All the transformer series movies are really good . I have never seen this type of transformer . Movies themes also very new for the people .

Old 07-15-2014, 07:01 AM

387 posts, read 352,121 times
Took the kids this past weekend to see it. It was what I expected. It was Transformers. Stuff blows up. I only care to see the transformers. I don't go in expecting anything great other than to see an awesome truck turn into the coolest Autobot. And that's what it was. Give me a movie with just the transformers (or something with very very minimal human involvement), and it will be even better.

Can't say I was a huge fan of the dino bots, but hey, it still had Optimus Prime. That's all I care about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies