Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 08:08 PM

78 posts, read 101,567 times

Advertisements

The narrator mentioned a lot of "facts" without presenting a single credible source to support what he said. In the movie he actually tried to make it seem as though America was acquired fairly by White people and not stolen from the Native Americans. There was A LOT of cherry picking to support his arguments, he brought out many exception especially regarding slavery, and tried to state them as the rule. Complete waste of 10 dollars, Dinesh D'souza was mad at the end of the day for being indited and this was his childish way of getting back. White people seem to be loving this movie, after all it lies about and downplays their evil and violent past. What are your thoughts on the movie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 08:15 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
I haven't seen it but have heard nothing but good comments about it.

What is a credible source to you? Sometimes people use their own brains to create something and don't rely on outside sources. From your comments I would imagine that would be foreign to you. How much Kool Aid have you had this week?

I don't think you like America very much.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I haven't seen it but have heard nothing but good comments about it.

What is a credible source to you? Sometimes people use their own brains to create something and don't rely on outside sources. From your comments I would imagine that would be foreign to you. How much Kool Aid have you had this week?

I don't think you like America very much.
With you classless racist "Kool Aid" reference I don't know why I'm even responding to you...When citing historical events, it's always helpful to cite your source...Otherwise your audience could think you're just making it up.

***Correction to my original post, I meant *exceptions***

Old 07-21-2014, 07:51 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
I haven't seen the movie. Preview looks silly.

But could you please explain how Kool Aid is racist? That's a new one for me. I thought it was a Jonestown reference.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:17 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,268,242 times
Kool Aid is a Jonestown reference, and not racist in this context. I haven't seen the movie (haven't even heard of it to be honest) but it seems to me that OP is just looking for a fight. First time poster ... don't feed the troll.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:57 AM

Is there ever a context in which Kool Aid is racist? Is the K spelling the issue, maybe a Klan reference? I'm baffled.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Is there ever a context in which Kool Aid is racist? Is the K spelling the issue, maybe a Klan reference? I'm baffled.
Yeah, can be used in derogatory manner like fried chicken and watermelon.

But it makes me wonder if OP is too young to remember Jonestown and the origin of the "drinking the Kool Aid" reference.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:03 PM

My bad, I thought she was using Kool Aid in the same context as someone would use fried chicken or watermelon when referencing what an African American eats. And no, I've never heard of Jamestown in reference to Kool Aid, was it around long before the early 90's?

Old 07-21-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaCritic View Post
My bad, I thought she was using Kool Aid in the same context as someone would use fried chicken or watermelon when referencing what an African American eats. And no, I've never heard of Jamestown in reference to Kool Aid, was it around long before the early 90's?
Yep. 1978, to be precise. Drinking the Kool-Aid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Jonestown, not Jamestown)

Old 07-21-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaCritic View Post
I've never heard of Kool Aid being a racist derogatory term. You learn something new every day I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies