Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 11:18 AM

758 posts, read 1,635,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post

The husband, Nick, is being played by Ben Affleck. I have to say, I think that's perfect casting--I don't really like Ben Affleck, but I totally pictured Nick to be like him, handsome yet bland, with a face you kind of want to slap for no identifiable reason.

I admit I don't really have any feelings one way or the other towards Ben Affleck, but I love this description! (and totally agree, too, as far as a description for Nick)

Overall, the book's ending was atrocious and the rest of the book was moderately annoying to me. I'll probably pass overall, but definitely pass when it's in the theaters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 11:38 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,526,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavoyfan View Post
Isn't Trent teaming up with the same person as he did with The Social Network? If that's the case, I bet the soundtrack will be great!

I really liked the book, will be happy to see how it does on the screen.
Yes, Atticus Ross. Fincher directed both of the films.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:57 AM

2,483 posts, read 4,362,293 times
Quote:
I bet if you check the "parent's guide" page for any R-rated movie on IMDB, you'll get the same horrible impression.
How much?
The King's Speech
And the positive reviews use words like "sick fun", "creep show", "nail-munching", "approach with caution" ... etc.

No thanks. I don't have room in my psyche for that stuff anymore. But don't let me stop you.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:51 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,291,518 times
One of the best mystery movies I have ever seen.

Gone Girl is what I'm talking about...amazing.
Also eye candy, immaculately done.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 10-03-2014 at 03:16 PM..

Old 10-03-2014, 05:55 PM

26,659 posts, read 26,627,701 times
Quote:
I have no idea who the actress is who is playing Amy: Rosamund Pike. I sure hope she's a good actress, .
She's a brilliant British actress. Apparently they thought about Cate Blanchett but decided they did not want a household name since the written character is so complex.

Old 10-04-2014, 02:05 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,825,257 times
Quote:
That section on IMDB only lists the scenes parents might question for children. It's certainly not the whole movie, as anyone who read the book, or even read about the book, would know. I don't even recall explicit sex scenes in the book; if there were any, they weren't important. It's a psychological thriller.

I bet if you check the "parent's guide" page for any R-rated movie on IMDB, you'll get the same horrible impression. They have to list any scene that could be objectionable due to sex or violence, even if it's a fraction of a second long.

Since I pretty much always read the parent's advisory,I have to disagree. Not even close to all R-rated films sound as filthy as this one!

Old 10-04-2014, 07:51 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,108,828 times
When I think of my wife, I always think of her head.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:13 PM

6,954 posts, read 12,023,860 times
I saw it yesterday. It was very long and Ben Affleck is the most boring actor I have ever seen. The suspense was admirable; the ending was awful. Some people clapped at the end. I just sat there thinking "That can't be it, can it?" and I won't spoil it for you. There were alot of holes in the story and some laughter too, but albeit, it was worth seeing. The theater was packed.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:03 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,972,596 times
Kinda creepy and the ending left something to be desired.

Lead actress is more than amazing.

Old 10-04-2014, 05:03 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,503,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
I saw it yesterday. It was very long and Ben Affleck is the most boring actor I have ever seen. The suspense was admirable; the ending was awful.
I liked the book but I will skip the movie because no way could I tolerate Affleck for 3 hours.

The book effectively used narrative devices that are impossible to duplicate in a movie. The ending worked very well in the book but from what I've heard it didn't translate well to the screen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies