U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2014, 12:37 PM

90 posts, read 75,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgelessStranger View Post
Seth Rogan as a superhero in The Green Hornet. Oh please.....

Yeah, I agree, that was a terrible role for Rogen.

And while I was watching it I kept thinking that same thing, wondering how in the world a director or casting director could make such a blunder.
But I got my answer when the closing credits rolled:

Written & Produced by........drum roll, please...........Seth Rogen! LOL

I'm guessing he grew-up as a big Green Hornet fan, so when he got to be a big Hollywood name and had a little dough, he decided to make himself the Green Hornet
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 04:05 PM

10,228 posts, read 10,413,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
Leonardo DiCaprio as Howard Hughes.
...or as Jay Gatsby. (Long live Robert Redford in that role!)

Old 10-12-2014, 05:10 PM

20,549 posts, read 10,949,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgelessStranger View Post
Seth Rogan as a superhero in The Green Hornet. Oh please.....
If you wanted a pure action or comic book movie yes, however as I saw it years after I first saw it, I actually didn't mind it. It was more of a comedy/action movie so to me it was fine for what it was. IMO, Kato is is the star of Green Lantern and was even in the series with Bruce Lee.

Here's my pick from another comic book movie, Blake Lively as Carol Ferris, the love interest of Hal Jordan in Green Lantern. She didn't emote and was a black hole anytime she was on. Everything else in the movie was decent to good, even great.

Old 10-12-2014, 05:36 PM

24,613 posts, read 14,307,605 times
Sofia Coppola as Mary Corleone in "The Godfather Part Three.

The film had enough problems without the added distraction of her amateurish efforts.

The role seemed as star crossed as Mary Corleone herself. Winona Ryder had been cast, but became too ill to perform when shooting started. They wanted to replace her with Rebecca Schaeffer , but she was murdered by an insane fan while she was on her way to read for Francis Coppola.

I've mentioned this in other threads, so have some others, but wasn't Edgar G. Robinson's New York gangster snarl a bit out of place in "The Ten Commandments?" Ironically, Robinson was a Hungarian born Jew, but his family immigrated to New York when he was still little. Could have been worse, they might have had Jimmy Stewart as the voice of Yahweh.."Waalll, now, ugh...yeah, now the thing of it is Moses, you see, I ugh...."

And while we are on the subject, the Scottish descended Charlton Heston did not look too terribly Jewish in either "Ten Commandments" or "Ben-Hur."

Old 10-12-2014, 05:46 PM

3,333 posts, read 8,288,361 times
Patrick Swayze as a Polish Priest in City of Joy. The whole thing was a joke.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:35 PM

1,876 posts, read 1,523,203 times
Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman in Eyes Wide Shut. Despite being married at the time, no on-screen chemistry whatsoever.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:53 PM

16,445 posts, read 11,276,919 times
Emile Hirsch as Chris McCandless in Into the Wid.

Michael Keaton as Batman.

Chris Pine as Jack Ryan and Keira Knightly as Kathy Muller in Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit.

Sandra Bullock and George Clooney in Gravity.

I could go on and on!

Old 10-12-2014, 08:21 PM

20,549 posts, read 10,949,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Emile Hirsch as Chris McCandless in Into the Wid.

Michael Keaton as Batman.

Chris Pine as Jack Ryan and Keira Knightly as Kathy Muller in Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit.

Sandra Bullock and George Clooney in Gravity.

I could go on and on!
Keaton was a good balanced Burce/Batman, he was much better at a balanced Bruce/Batman than George Clooney was in Batman & Robin. I will say Clooney was a GREAT Bruce Wayne but just sucked as Batman.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:37 PM

16,445 posts, read 11,276,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Keaton was a good balanced Bruce/Batman, he was much better at a balanced Bruce/Batman than George Clooney was in Batman & Robin. I will say Clooney was a GREAT Bruce Wayne but just sucked as Batman.
Yeah, well, I think they both suck/sucked!

Old 10-12-2014, 09:33 PM

4,734 posts, read 3,749,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Sofia Coppola as Mary Corleone in "The Godfather Part Three.

I've mentioned this in other threads, so have some others, but wasn't Edgar G. Robinson's New York gangster snarl a bit out of place in "The Ten Commandments?" Ironically, Robinson was a Hungarian born Jew, but his family immigrated to New York when he was still little. Could have been worse, they might have had Jimmy Stewart as the voice of Yahweh.."Waalll, now, ugh...yeah, now the thing of it is Moses, you see, I ugh...."

And while we are on the subject, the Scottish descended Charlton Heston did not look too terribly Jewish in either "Ten Commandments" or "Ben-Hur."
^^^That scene where Robinson said "Where's your Messiah now?" (seeee)
And Charlton Heston in "The Agony and the Ecstasy" as Michelangelo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies