U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-22-2014, 04:01 PM
 
980 posts, read 708,751 times
Reputation: 2402

Advertisements

Tom Cruise in Jack Reacher
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-22-2014, 04:02 PM
 
23,096 posts, read 28,858,027 times
Reputation: 26895
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolet3 View Post
Tom Cruise in Jack Reacher
Thank YOU. Totally and completely wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2014, 04:19 PM
 
9,020 posts, read 7,298,059 times
Reputation: 14377
Tobey Maguire as Spiderman.
Wtf was that about??
Seriously that was very hard for me to watch....
He's boring as f*ck, nothing to look at & has no passion for the role.
That actor just sucks on every level....he's not even good looking.
Andrew Garfield was so much better in that role, no comparison.

Also overall I love X-Men...casting is usually superb.
But the actress that plays Jean Grey- major disappointment.

And Idk if I can even stand to watch the next X-Men movie-
they're casting Channing Tatum
as Gambit (my favorite X-Men besides Wolverine)
Might just take a pass on that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2014, 09:00 PM
 
7,195 posts, read 4,098,026 times
Reputation: 6187
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Tobey Maguire as Spiderman.
Wtf was that about??
Seriously that was very hard for me to watch....
He's boring as f*ck, nothing to look at & has no passion for the role.
That actor just sucks on every level....he's not even good looking.
Andrew Garfield was so much better in that role, no comparison.

Also overall I love X-Men...casting is usually superb.
But the actress that plays Jean Grey- major disappointment.

And Idk if I can even stand to watch the next X-Men movie-
they're casting Channing Tatum
as Gambit (my favorite X-Men besides Wolverine)
Might just take a pass on that one.
I agree with Tobey Maguire. He's such a geek and not enjoyable to watch. My husband laughs at his ugly cry. Spiderman needs a make-over.

I will give it a chance, but the new Batman with Ben Affleck might be just awful with him. Also, sidekick Robin is a female; I do like the actress, but the last Batman had me thinking Robin would be someone else. I feel like the rug has been pulled out, Christian Bale Batman series were the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2014, 09:41 AM
 
9,020 posts, read 7,298,059 times
Reputation: 14377
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I agree with Tobey Maguire. He's such a geek and not enjoyable to watch. My husband laughs at his ugly cry. Spiderman needs a make-over.

I will give it a chance, but the new Batman with Ben Affleck might be just awful with him. Also, sidekick Robin is a female; I do like the actress, but the last Batman had me thinking Robin would be someone else. I feel like the rug has been pulled out, Christian Bale Batman series were the best.
Christian Bale is the only Batman I watch actually.
Totally badass
The Dark Knight was a masterpiece.....casting was perfect.
Recently I was where they filmed a lot of the Dark Knight car chase scenes....gave me chills, lol



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg1cDKYmK98
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2014, 10:28 AM
 
917 posts, read 831,278 times
Reputation: 929
Casting Jonah Hill in ANY kind of movie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2015, 06:19 PM
 
715 posts, read 527,147 times
Reputation: 416
Tom Hanks as Forest Gump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2015, 06:51 PM
 
Location: Southern Colorado
1,978 posts, read 965,372 times
Reputation: 2366
You have to be trolling. Hanks was perfect as Gump.

Horrible casting? Been a lot really. The latest Sara Connor was a mondo disappointment. I'll likely think of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk4894 View Post
Tom Hanks as Forest Gump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2015, 06:58 PM
 
Location: Leaving fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada
3,806 posts, read 6,134,686 times
Reputation: 7117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Antonio Banderas makes a good vampire, but when you think that Armand was a redhead and made a vampire at age 15 or 16, casting Banderas in that role in Interview With the Vampire doesn't seem like a good decision. But I guess that enough women loved the scene where he nearly kisses Brad Pitt to make the error worth it.
Tom Cruise was a poor fit, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2015, 07:03 PM
 
Location: Southern Colorado
1,978 posts, read 965,372 times
Reputation: 2366
Adam Sandler as anything. He doesn't act at anything other than being obnoxious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top