Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 05:18 PM

24,530 posts, read 18,089,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Star wars has been destroyed..... THE ORIGINAL 3 MOVIES IS "STAR WARS" and the only 3 I recognise..........

Star wars 7 based on the new altered movies IS PURE UTTER GARBAGE and anyone involved with making it doesnt care about purity or how good of a movie they once had in the early 80s and its disgusting and sad......
I kind of agree with this. The first 3 movies were an iconic part of American culture. The 2nd 3 movies were sellouts. I own them but never watch them. They are very forgettable movies that merely profited from the first 3. The Mel Brooks "Moichendizing" line in Spaceballs always springs to mind when I think about those three movies.

With #7, I'll read a number of reviews before I make the decision whether to go see it in the theater. I like big, visual movies so I might go even if it's just to see a visually stimulating movie that has an awful plot and acting. I'll buy it on Blu Ray but I have a pretty low threshold for buying movies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 05:27 PM

14,771 posts, read 17,068,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I kind of agree with this. The first 3 movies were an iconic part of American culture. The 2nd 3 movies were sellouts. I own them but never watch them. They are very forgettable movies that merely profited from the first 3. The Mel Brooks "Moichendizing" line in Spaceballs always springs to mind when I think about those three movies.

With #7, I'll read a number of reviews before I make the decision whether to go see it in the theater. I like big, visual movies so I might go even if it's just to see a visually stimulating movie that has an awful plot and acting. I'll buy it on Blu Ray but I have a pretty low threshold for buying movies.
... Lucas always thought there would be many episodes to tell this story. I don't think it was money making scheme...

"It wasn't long after I began writing Star Wars that I realized the story was more than a single film could hold. As the saga of the Skywalkers and Jedi Knights unfolded, I began to see it as a tale that could take at least nine films to tell—three trilogies—and I realized, in making my way through the back story and after story, that I was really setting out to write the middle story".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars

Old 11-03-2015, 12:49 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,797,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
I think my mind has just been blown... lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/co...ed_force_user/

Interesting theory
Not really possible, Jedi mind tricks work on the weak-minded and Jar Jar is VERY weak-minded. I think a force-sensitive person would be subject to Jedi mind tricks at all.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:23 PM

22,878 posts, read 28,148,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
I think my mind has just been blown... lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/co...ed_force_user/

Interesting theory
Mesa me tinkin dat rumor is poo doo.

Old 11-03-2015, 02:24 PM

14,771 posts, read 17,068,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Not really possible, Jedi mind tricks work on the weak-minded and Jar Jar is VERY weak-minded. I think a force-sensitive person would be subject to Jedi mind tricks at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Mesa me tinkin dat rumor is poo doo.
Lol!

Most likely. I guess I'd prefer to think he might have had a greater purpose ....rather than just be a bumbling idiot and annoy the hell out of everyone.

Old 11-03-2015, 06:00 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,592,013 times
Whoever wrote that Jar Jar theory has too much time on his hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies