Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 11:01 PM

495 posts, read 684,344 times

Advertisements

Im the only one who thinks John Boyega is ugly.
Finn Gamorrean | Meme Generator
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 03:07 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst
Getting used to it is not so much a problem with race as it is with storyline.
I wont have to get used to it cause I have no desire to watch that garbage!!

Last edited by Dude111; 10-23-2015 at 04:16 AM..

Old 10-23-2015, 03:28 AM

4,541 posts, read 1,158,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
As to describing how big a lack of a bleep John Boyega, and a lot of other folks here, give about your 4th grade playground-bully insults

He is a professional actor, cast in a leading role in a highly anticipated film sequel, while the best YOU can do is spew out a bunch of pathetic pre-pubescent drivel from the imagined safety of an internet chat forum, or your root cellar, whichever comes first

I would pay to be in the room the day you get a pair of cojones big enough to insult Boyega or anyone else to their face like this...and then laugh with glee as you get right-hooked onto the floor

Cro-Magnon Downs mutant, my a**...on the worst day of his life, he'll still be both a professional actor, and 3 times the man you'll never grow up to be
Lol, angry much??

Old 10-23-2015, 07:51 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
has it even been confirmed that he's actually a Storm Trooper?! Could he be in rebel guy dressed in a ST outfit as part of a plan to get behind enemy lines?

Old 10-23-2015, 09:41 PM

495 posts, read 684,344 times
He is the main male lead and he is an ex stormtrooper that becomes a jedi. Everyone would think its stupid to cast Steve Buscemi as Han Solo. Steve Buscemi and John Boyega were both hit with the ugly stick and should not be cast in leading man hero roles. John Boyega can play lead when it calls for a street tuff (attack the block) but not roles like Thor, or luke skywalker hero of the galaxy.

Old 10-25-2015, 01:50 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,817,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
There better be a good explination.

Stormtroopers are clones- they all look like the humanoid they were designed after.
So either this new character stole an outfit, or they had a V.2 run of stormtroopers with a different model.
Originally, they were all based off Jenga Fett, who I think may not have been black, but wasn't white. My thing is from the trailor, it seems like Luke might be taking up the mantal of the new Vader. I don't get how everything is going to work out, with almost no jedi left, maybe that one clone has the Force in him. I mean 4,5&6 were great movies, but 1,2&3 were so much fun to watch, much like the animated series, although real political, there's just something about habing everybody alive, and almost a hope that what happens to cause 4,5&6 is taken care of..or something.

Old 10-25-2015, 01:58 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,817,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I'd like to see a light mace.
Well, Maul had a bowstaff, and I have read of whips, there may even be pole arms, like those static ones used by gaurds.

Old 10-26-2015, 03:55 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,249,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader44 View Post
He is the main male lead and he is an ex stormtrooper that becomes a jedi. Everyone would think its stupid to cast Steve Buscemi as Han Solo. Steve Buscemi and John Boyega were both hit with the ugly stick and should not be cast in leading man hero roles. John Boyega can play lead when it calls for a street tuff (attack the block) but not roles like Thor, or luke skywalker hero of the galaxy.
First off, I'm not convinced that the character will become an actual Jedi. He should if he's using a saber, but I'm skeptical. As best, the Force is strong with that character.

And second, I'm not an authority to judge attractive men, but the actor's appearance is probably a fit for the character. Same way that nobody complained about Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man. Too many presumptions surrounding a movie that's sealed pretty tightly.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:02 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
There better be a good explination.

Stormtroopers are clones- they all look like the humanoid they were designed after.
So either this new character stole an outfit, or they had a V.2 run of stormtroopers with a different model.
I can see this being a point of contention
But by now in this universe, the clone makers are no longer making clones...either the emperor stopped payments lol or the expanding rebellion shut them down...seems logical...the jedi discovered where the clones were coming from in attack of the clones, so stands to reason the rebellion knew about this and attacked and destroyed the clone making machine

so they had to start training humans to be troopers

Old 10-27-2015, 06:57 AM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
I'll say it for the last time. There is no race fueled controversy to this film other than that which was started by the producers of the film themselves. Maybe some fanlings are too young to remember but George Lucas was criticized for being a closet racist and he's just trying to distance himself from those old charges. Jar Jar Binks, anyone? Newt Gunray?
What I don't get is that this black stormtrooper guy( and who even cares what race they are, they were supposed to be faceless minions to begin with). If he was a stormtrooper or pilot or whatever when the Empire collapsed, that was 30 years ago. So if we see Han and Leia aged thirty years, this guy would now be in his 50s with his backstory, or the movie is set about 25 years ago and Han and Leia have just aged HORRIBLY over the course of several years or a decade.
And another thing. While the 4,5 and 6 movies were what they were, middling at best, crap at worst, Star Wars 3 had a fairly happy ending. The Republic is restored, the Empire is brought down. I read some of the books set just after all that and they were not very good, but books usually aren't considered canon. So this movie looks to be weak again in the plot department with little or no redeeming qualities.
Just send a check or credit card payment to George Lucas and increase his bank account and don't waste time watching his tired worn out soulless drivel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies