Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 01:59 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times

Advertisements

Tony Shaloub as Moses...

"Hey, this is not acceptable -- there's sand on these pyramids. Somebody clean the sand off these pyramids!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 02:21 AM

404 posts, read 385,464 times
Default Yes Yes and Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Very well could have been, but we didn't forget it. It just is not relevant to who is playing the character of Zipporah.

Look, I will be even more blunt...I would like to see more movies about ancient black Africa. Nubia, Axum...if someone could come up with an idea for Tichitt, Nok, or Djenne-Djenno, that would be great.

If someone wanted to make a movie about the Ethiope wife of Moses, I would watch it.

Maybe a story told from the point of view of the Nubian elephant trainers in Hannibal's army...great idea!

The Roman war with Nubia...fantastic.

Something from the 25th dynasty...has my vote.

But at the end of the day, the people who determine what is made are still the ones holding the money bags. To a lesser extent, it is those who write the scripts in the first place. So for all those complaining about Anglo-Jesus, Moses, etc...a good lesson to learn is that if you never get in the game yourself, things are never going to change.

I totally agree.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:24 PM

29 posts, read 30,514 times
Hollywood and the usa media manipulate people a lot , we know it very well in spain

For Christopher Rosen, María Valverde, who is from spain, europe, is not White Ridley Scott Addresses 'Exodus' Casting Controversy

do you think María Valverde is non White? omg,

more photos of maría
https://www.google.es/search?q=maria...ed=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

jews hate us?

mexicans every time try to pass for a spaniards and this confuse a lot of people, when they have no and very Little spanish blood after 500 years, mostly dont have spanish blood, same with puerto ricans

Old 12-30-2014, 08:41 AM

12,383 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
If you're a Bible believer, this isn't the movie for you. You will end up being disappointed. It wasn't a complete disgrace like Noah, but it wasn't on the mark biblically. It's a good story for secularists to enjoy as it has a good plot loosely based on the Bible, the acting is great. I should have waited to see it at Red Box.

Things they got wrong (for those who study their Bibles):

1. Moses' character. He's a humble man insecure in his own abilities to lead, and has a stutter/speech impediment as portrayed in the Bible. In this movie, he's the opposite of that.
2. They got God wrong. I won't spoil it, but it is such a downer how they portrayed God in every sense.
3. The Red Sea and the miracles were slightly off, however, off in a big way if you know your Bible and the reasons behind the way the Red Sea parted and the plagues that only were supposed to affect the Egyptians.
It certainly didn't reach for something different like was done with Noah. Yes Moses seemed to far forward and also took Aaron's role.

The biggest objection might be how God manifested Himself but considering what was done to Egypt and not just the pharaohs you really can't run away from what was done. If read alone that is ehat was done in the exodus. The Egyptian scientists explaining God's methods was cute.

It wasn't as bad as the negative reviews in my opinion. Creating an opening scene battle while providing bang bang did cause the movie to run long.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:49 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,134,928 times
Actually the Ancient Egyptians WERE black until the Arabs invaded and took over the territory. Why some people refuse to believe that blacks could have made a great empire is sad and racist.

As for the movie, it was meh. I didn't care for a little white boy playing God at all.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:59 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,205,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
I am seriously disgusted that, in 2014, we still have white actors playing biblical figures. I read the director's excuse for his gross miscasting, and the man is completely full of s***.

Rupert Murdoch defends use of white actors in Exodus: Gods and Kings | Media | The Guardian
Exactly.

Old 12-31-2014, 05:30 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times
Since Moses was Jewish, could you people who are unhappy with the film's casting explain what it is about Bale's semblance you do not like, and what physical traits would you prefer the actor cast as Moses to have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies