Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 08:16 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
See I felt the complete opposite. I thought Bale's Bruce Wayne was an ass. I loved Michael Keaton as Batman (that's the one I grew up) because he just seemed like a normal guy who just happened to have a lot of money. Two of my all-time favorite movie quotes came from those movies

We never really got to see Keaton as Wayne though. It was his fault it was just the way the movie was written. I would of liked to see more of him as Wayne though. I liked Bale's Wayne & he was an ass I think that was the whole point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 08:41 AM

5,130 posts, read 6,123,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The sad thing is: There really never has been a great live action Batman. Christian Bale was fantastic as Bruce Wayne, but his Batman was hilariously mockable.

The problem is that so many of the filmmakers fail to find the fun psyche of Batman. They think he is Bruce Wayne and the Batman is just a disguise. No. He is Batman. Bruce Wayne is the disguise. The Nolan flicks got the Bruce Wayne part pretty well, but then Batman was just a guy in a suit punching people.
Exactly......I would have loved to see Ben Afleck (spelling) and Matt Damon doing a colorful (not dark imagery) with a bit of extremely low level of comedy attached to the movie, maybe Tarantino like quality's.

The Batman movies have been done to the death.......change it up!

Old 01-11-2015, 11:34 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Michael Keaton was the best "Batman" by far in my opinion. A great actor whose talents have been used far too sparingly.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:28 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
^

I agree

Also the film may have suffered in some peoples eyes not because of Keaton, rather the script/directing.
That and what was that, the second or third Robin that died? The mainstream only really knew of the Dick Greyson Robin (now known as Nightwing) until the 1990's Batman animated series introduce the Tim Drake Robin who is also now known on the Teen Titans animated cartoon.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:32 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Exactly......I would have loved to see Ben Afleck (spelling) and Matt Damon doing a colorful (not dark imagery) with a bit of extremely low level of comedy attached to the movie, maybe Tarantino like quality's.

The Batman movies have been done to the death.......change it up!
Afleck is the Batman in the Justice League movies. As for Batman movies being done to death, we only really have seen Burton's, Shumaker's and Nolan's takes on the big screen along with the Mask of the Phantom animated movie. There were other ideas including Year One, Batman Beyond, Batman: DarKnight and a previous Batman vs. Superman that were in various stages of development but never came out. Until there is a Batman and Robin that kills Batman movies, we will see Batman in film whether it is crossover movies or stand alone films.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:10 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
We never really got to see Keaton as Wayne though. It was his fault it was just the way the movie was written. I would of liked to see more of him as Wayne though...

Sure, we did.

Old 01-12-2015, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Sure, we did.

Not in the sense that he was hanging out with models & being an arse or buying hotels, etc.
We got to see more of that with Bales Batman.

Old 01-12-2015, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Afleck is the Batman in the Justice League movies. As for Batman movies being done to death, we only really have seen Burton's, Shumaker's and Nolan's takes on the big screen along with the Mask of the Phantom animated movie. There were other ideas including Year One, Batman Beyond, Batman: DarKnight and a previous Batman vs. Superman that were in various stages of development but never came out. Until there is a Batman and Robin that kills Batman movies, we will see Batman in film whether it is crossover movies or stand alone films.

I LOVED Under The Red Hood. That would be a great movie to do! Lets not discuss Afleck as Batman please It causes me pain. Year One would be great as well. Your right there are so many great story lines.

Old 01-12-2015, 06:29 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Year One would be great as well. Your right there are so many great story lines.
It's been done.

Batman: Year One (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The movie is extremely faithful to the original comics. Almost scene for scene in fact. And yeah, it's pretty great.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:13 AM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psurangers11 View Post
Here are others that were considered for this role... would you have liked to see any of these guys in this movie or any other Batman film?

Mel Gibson
Kevin Costner
Charlie Sheen
Tom Selleck
Bill Murray
Pierce Brosnan
Ray Liotta (asked to audition but declined)

Here are those that were in the mix for 'The Joker'

Tim Curry
William Dafoe
David Bowie
John Lithgow
James Woods

Robin Williams lobbied hard for the part but was never considered... and Tim Burton actually wanted Brad Douriff but rejected by the studio.

All this info from Wikipedia... of course... lol.
Tom Selleck could have been good at that time, minus the stache. The studio was stupid for not considering Brad Douriff as Joker. Tim Curry & James Woods also could have been good Jokers. James Woods has the body shape, strange humor, and dark side while Tim Curry is just plain strange but with acting talent even in makeup or costumes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies