Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 09:17 AM

622 posts, read 2,709,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
...Disney's animated Jungle Book...
Oh wait, wait... I almost forgot another one of my fav movies of all time:

Disney's animated Robin Hood. Of course all those old Disney classics are great, but this one is my favorite!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2006, 09:25 AM

571 posts, read 2,530,037 times
Yeah, way too hard to think of just one. A few of my faves off the top of my head:

Thelma & Louise, A River Runs Through It, The Little Mermaid, 7 Years in Tibet, Meet the Parents, All the Pretty Horses...I know there's a lot I can't think of right now!

Re: my guilty pleasure thread: Coming to America w/ Eddie Murphy

Old 11-05-2006, 07:16 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,329,602 times
Definitely Lord of the Rings (all 3....can watch them until my eyeballs fall out). Pirates of the Carribean (both..same as above). Any Disney movie or Disney/Pixar movie. The Goonies. National Treasure. Secret Window. Grease (Grease 2 is an embarassment to that era and the people who were in it AND the people who were in the first Grease...and me). Wizard of Oz (can watch that till my eyeballs fall out too).

Old 11-05-2006, 07:32 PM

892 posts, read 2,371,958 times
Top Gun, Pulp Fiction, Dances with wolves, Billy Madison

Old 11-17-2006, 12:33 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,698 times
1. The Lord of the Rings trilogy - it's time to watch those again!

2. Sense and Sensibility - so sweet, so good. Absolutely love it.

3. Gone With the Wind

4. Band of Brothers (I know, not really a movie.)

5. Little Women (Winona Ryder version)

Other favorites are both Pirates of the Caribbean movies, the original Star Wars trilogy, Mr and Mrs Smith, The Philadelphia Story, Cinderella Man, Sweet Home Alabama, Elizabethtown, Just Like Heaven, Kingdom of Heaven (okay, so I have a thing for Orlando Bloom lol), Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, In Her Shoes, Diary of a Mad Black Woman, Legally Blonde, Nicholas Nickleby, Raiders of the Lost Ark, White Christmas, Steel Magnolias, Evelyn, Meet Me in St. Louis, etc, etc, etc.

Old 11-17-2006, 12:26 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,655,964 times
Broke Back Mountain. I loved it and I hated it. I cannot bring myself to watch it again and we have the DVD. It broke my heart.

I also love any movie that was made from a book and anything epic or historical.

Old 11-17-2006, 12:31 PM

4,781 posts, read 2,083,278 times
The note Book....I have the Dvd and I have seen it about 10 times.
I did the same thing with Titantic.

Old 11-17-2006, 06:27 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,777,604 times
As said before, too many to pick one but....

Shawshank Redemption was great!

Breakfast at Tiffanys, I love.

Wizard of Oz, never get tired of it

All of Jim Carreys movies.

All of Adam Sandler movies.

Also, love all dance movies.

When watching The Notebook, I cried through the whole thing. After seeing it I thought the actor (Ryan)? was such a good actor that I really felt he was in love with her, then I found out they were dating in real life.

Old 11-17-2006, 06:56 PM

4,781 posts, read 2,083,278 times
Green Fried Tomatoes
Riding in Cars with Boys
Super Star
White CHICKS (watching it right now)

Old 01-07-2013, 06:13 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,230,731 times
Since I saw it as a teenager in 1969, "Romeo and Juliet" (1968) has remained my favorite film, no matter what else comes along. To this day, I collect on the film and especially Leonard (Len) Whiting, who plays Romeo. I bought the soundtrack then the soundtrack with excerpts of dialogue then finally the four-record box set they released due to the demand for the COMPLETE soundtrack. Yes! There was such love for this movie that they did that; I'm not sure that any other film has had a soundtrack of EVERYTHING in the film released. Long ago, I passed the century mark, seeing the film well over 100 times.

Among my many other favorites are:
Diva
Legend
Camelot
Ladyhawke
Casablanca
LOTR trilogy
POTC tetralogy
The Wizard of Oz
Gone with the Wind
Butterfllies Are Free
The Haunting (1963)
Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation
The Three Lives of Thomasina
The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms
Jason and the Argonauts (1963)
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies