Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2015, 10:45 PM

13 posts, read 15,727 times

Advertisements

When i Heard that The Walt Disney Company bought LucasFilm for $4 Billion in 2012. I was expecting a Fresh Start for LucasFilm, starting with Star Wars: The Force Awakens in December 18, 2015. Before Disney acquisition, LucasFilm is the responsable for bad things like Howard the Duck and Jar Jar Binks.

On November 2014, Disney and LucasFilm announced an animated film titled Strange Magic, to be reléase under the Touchstone Pictures banner and release on January 23, 2015. I wasn't expecting that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSrJiaZnPuU

When it was released on January 23, 2015. It was hated by all the critics and audiences. and opened at #7 at the Box Office. This one almost kills the relationship of Disney and LucasFilm.

Now, Let's have wait until Star Wars: The Force Awakens to be release...and NO Jar Jar Binks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 12:11 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Star Wars and any possible Indiana Jones movie is where the real money from a LucasFilm purchase. Oh and using Skywalker Sound and Industrial Light & Magic two of the top effects house (sound and visual.)

Old 02-04-2015, 12:18 PM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Lucas has almost no involvement in the new movies. I'm extremely hopeful and more than a little optimistic that they'll be great.

I am still baffled though, why Star Wars cartoons are so inexcusably bad. The stories are decent, but the animation is just spectacularly awful. Disney is the premiere animation studio in the universe. Are they just too proud of the technological terror they've constructed?

Old 02-04-2015, 02:15 PM

13 posts, read 15,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Star Wars and any possible Indiana Jones movie is where the real money from a LucasFilm purchase. Oh and using Skywalker Sound and Industrial Light & Magic two of the top effects house (sound and visual.)
What about Strange Magic, a film that i wasn't expecting to announced.

George Lucas says that he wanted to make a "Star Wars for girls". Lucas wanted to make his own version of "Frozen", but with Fairies, Goblins and Elves. But, Lucas is lazy to contact Kristen-Anderson Lopez and Robert Lopez, instead he uses the existing pop songs. It has 13 Songs.

The story, Lucas said that this film it's based on William Shakespeare's "Midsummer Night's Dream", but the story is copying Beauty and the Beast, except the Beast does not transform into a prince at the end. Settings are look like Blue Sky Studios' Epic. Characters, this is what if Lucas mix "Frozen", "Beauty and the Beast" and "FernGully: The Last Rainforest". At least, The Animation is great, Mostly because it uses Industrial Light and Magic, the same SFX that uses as an Animation for Rango.

Old 02-04-2015, 03:29 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar4052 View Post
What about Strange Magic, a film that i wasn't expecting to announced.

George Lucas says that he wanted to make a "Star Wars for girls". Lucas wanted to make his own version of "Frozen", but with Fairies, Goblins and Elves. But, Lucas is lazy to contact Kristen-Anderson Lopez and Robert Lopez, instead he uses the existing pop songs. It has 13 Songs.

The story, Lucas said that this film it's based on William Shakespeare's "Midsummer Night's Dream", but the story is copying Beauty and the Beast, except the Beast does not transform into a prince at the end. Settings are look like Blue Sky Studios' Epic. Characters, this is what if Lucas mix "Frozen", "Beauty and the Beast" and "FernGully: The Last Rainforest". At least, The Animation is great, Mostly because it uses Industrial Light and Magic, the same SFX that uses as an Animation for Rango.
It didnt look entertaining to me so I opted out of seeing that movie and will look to rent it from the library. I am not too into fairies, goblins and elves but I will give it a shot. Just not enough for matinee pricing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies