U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 02:47 AM

8,962 posts, read 4,883,614 times

Advertisements

Well, A B and C.

A: The thing about remake is that they don't have to use up budget money buying the story rights because they already own that.........and stories don't come cheap these days (and why should they?).

B: Edison, I think, said there were only so many original stories; everything else is a retelling of something else.

C: Some retellings go over very well. Look how many productions were made out of "Pygmalion" such as My Fair Lady and La Femme Nikita just to name two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 04:21 AM

25,497 posts, read 14,595,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I'm sick of people complaining about them.

Seems that's just one of the "in" things to be upset about. I especially don't care for people who go on about not wanting foreign films remade for English speaking audiences. I know you're cool because you can understand several languages and I don't want to read while I watch a movie and that director/writer got paid for getting his/her creation sourced so why do you care so much? Just don't watch it.

I may not go to the theaters to watch them all, but eventually I'll order them on Pay-per-view or see them on Netflix, and I have been entertained by some and disappointed by others. I can always bo back and watch the originals. Just because a remake exists doesn't mean the old movie evaporates and gets purged from everyone's memory.
Prefect solution. You don't want see Scarface 2017, don't see it. I don't see the studios holding your family hostage, forcing you to see it. If you don't want to see the upcoming Raid remake for American audiences, you can choose to stay at home. If you don't want to see the sequel to Fifty Shades of Grey, you don't have to (well unless you want to pull the you owe me card with your SO.) If you aren't into CGI from trailers, you don't go. You know how many trailers turned me off to films, quite a few. Only a small number truly make me want to see movies in theaters like say The Fast and the Furious, The Hangover that were movies I didn't know that were even coming out. Most trailers I see and I think, library or netflix and some I think this is utter crap and only see it years later on tv. If you don't like the type of movies coming out, don't give the studios your money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or