Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 07:40 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,746 times

Advertisements

Hitch!

Both my ex and I stormed out of that movie. Such a waste of time and money. Talk about dumbing down the population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 09:36 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,230,381 times
Tentacles (1977)

From Wikipedia: Ocean Beach, a seaside tourist resort, has come under attack by a giant octopus, which captures and devours human swimmers and boaters ... Marine expert Will Gleason (Bo Hopkins) and crusading newspaper reporter Ned Turner (John Huston!) suspect the construction of an underwater tunnel by the Trojan Co., owned by Mr. Whitehead (Henry Fonda!). Trojan has been using radio signals that have been "above regulated levels", somehow maddening the octopus and causing it to attack human beings. In the end, the octopus is killed by Gleason's pair of killer whales. Also in the cast are Shelley Winters, Cesare Danova and Claude Akins.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tentacles_(film)

Who would have guessed that, with a cast like this, the film would be so ghastly?! It's not even funny-bad!

I should have gone to the other movie in the theater (only two screens back then): "The Island of Dr. Moreau" starring Burt Lancaster, Michael York, Barbara Carrera, Richard Basehart, Nigel Davenport and Nick Cravat!

I just have to leave some information about Cravat, especially his long-time connection to Lancaster:
From Wikipedia: Cravat and Lancaster met as youngsters at a summer camp in New York and became lifelong friends. They created an acrobatic act called Lang & Cravat in the early 1930s and joined the Kay Brothers circus in Florida. The pair worked at various circuses and in vaudeville. In 1939, Lancaster suffered a hand injury that ended their act. They would later reunite. He co-stars with Lancaster in nine films, including The Crimson Pirate, The Flame and the Arrow, and Run Silent, Run Deep. He played a mute character in several films such as The Flame and the Arrow, The Crimson Pirate, Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier, and the TV series The Count of Monte Cristo mostly because his thick Brooklyn accent would have been out of place. He also played the gremlin on the wing of an airplane in the 1963 Twilight Zone episode "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet". Nick Cravat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My younger sister and I had such a crush on Nick Cravat, ever since we were little girls.

Old 06-05-2015, 01:02 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
The Counselor...worst movie...
Horrible, ugly movie. No redeeming qualities.

Old 06-05-2015, 01:11 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,989,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
None, on principal.

Because you're not entitled to a refund because you chose a bad movie.

(Although there have been many that I was stewing over wasting the money.)
The question was "If you could..."

Party pooper.

Old 06-05-2015, 04:23 AM

867 posts, read 1,588,171 times
"The Interview" with Seth Rogen and James Franco

Worst.Movie.Ever.

Old 06-05-2015, 04:31 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Most stinkers I watched for free.
Now I have to really want to see something (and I am usually right based on previews if it is going to be good) to go to a theater, so it really hasn't been anything truly stinker.
I guess that stupid Transformers (second one) movie that my friend wanted to see.
What a freakin' waste of time.

Old 06-05-2015, 04:34 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
I remember the biggest refund-maker when I worked at the theater...was Howard's End.
People came out and were all like, "Nothing freakin' happens!" I was like, "Dude. It's a movie about people having tea. What did you expect?"

Old 06-05-2015, 04:48 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,428,983 times
The Dustin Hoffman movie 'John and Mary'. Never seen it huh? Don't.........

The boy was on a roll........ 'The Graduate' followed by 'Midnight Cowboy'....... the only thing that made 'John and Mary' bearable was it was part of a double bill with 'Fathom' starring my girl Raquel Welch.......

Old 06-05-2015, 09:48 AM

23,597 posts, read 70,402,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I remember the biggest refund-maker when I worked at the theater...was Howard's End.
People came out and were all like, "Nothing freakin' happens!" I was like, "Dude. It's a movie about people having tea. What did you expect?"
Never go to a film that has "Howard" as part of the name -
Howard the Duck (1986) - IMDb

Old 06-05-2015, 09:50 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,047,786 times
Juno, by far the worst movie I've seen in theatres.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies