Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 07:30 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,733,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Chris Pratt is now an "A-list" megastar, but to me he'll always be Andy Dwyer.
Don't be so sure about that. To be an 'A-list' megastar implies he's been in a successive hit movies, and there are only very few actors who are on that list. Only time will tell regarding Chris Pratt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 08:15 AM

30,516 posts, read 16,213,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

We sat through three Jurassic Park movies. Now Jurassic World. What's next? Jurassic Galaxy, with dinosaurs in space?

Silly as that sounds ... you know what? Just take my money now. I can't wait to see Chris Pratt in a jetpack with his pack of velociraptors with frickin' laser beams on their heads.
no, silly. Jurassic Wars. Yoda is really a type of dino and when he gets kidnapped, the other dinos come to his aid. With a bit of help from the Wookies, the Asgaard and Pizza the Hut.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:08 PM

22,917 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
no, silly. Jurassic Wars. Yoda is really a type of dino and when he gets kidnapped, the other dinos come to his aid. With a bit of help from the Wookies, the Asgaard and Pizza the Hut.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:09 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,374,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
It was okay.

I loved the spectacle. The part of me that is seven years old couldn't help but scream and giggle as the hero jumped on a motorcycle with his gang of dinosaurs to go take down a monster in the jungle.

But the characters were paper thin, and the whole story was basically the first movie's formula with different ingredients. A lot of the dialogue was cringe worthy, especially the heroes' last scene.

We sat through three Jurassic Park movies. Now Jurassic World. What's next? Jurassic Galaxy, with dinosaurs in space?

Silly as that sounds ... you know what? Just take my money now. I can't wait to see Chris Pratt in a jetpack with his pack of velociraptors with frickin' laser beams on their heads.
Rise of the Jurassic Planet? Super smart dinosaurs have taken over most of the planet while a small population of humans battles against extinction.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:54 PM

560 posts, read 849,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
Sorry PAhippo - tried to rep you for the chuckle I got from that one, but I've got to share the love elsewhere first.

So - thanks for the chuckle!

Old 06-22-2015, 12:23 AM

4,666 posts, read 5,091,366 times
Ugh...I expect a few logical flaws and flights of fantasy in movies, but this movie makes it a priority to insult the viewer's intelligence throughout the movie. I won't list every flaw (it is a long list), but there is one that really made me laugh. They hit the designer dino with a rocket and it all that happened was it fell over...not even a scratch was on it! Really?

I can sum it up in 4 sentences...
-Scientists design a dinosaur to increase attendance and profits of the park;
-Designer dino gets loose through incredible stupidity of the park officials;
-Designer dino terrorizes park;
-Designer dino is overcome in an incredibly absurd way.

I cannot wait for Cinema Sins to tear it apart.

Last edited by dude1984; 06-22-2015 at 12:48 AM..

Old 06-22-2015, 06:51 AM

838 posts, read 1,353,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
Ugh...I expect a few logical flaws and flights of fantasy in movies, but this movie makes it a priority to insult the viewer's intelligence throughout the movie. I won't list every flaw (it is a long list), but there is one that really made me laugh. They hit the designer dino with a rocket and it all that happened was it fell over...not even a scratch was on it! Really?

Wait, Jurassic World isn't based on real life events?

Old 06-22-2015, 10:19 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,690,587 times
Hubby and I enjoyed the movie but wasnt super wowed by it. Great dino action, glad they really focused on them a lot. The start of the film was a bit slow but still overall a good time.

I couldnt believe how busy the theaters were. We went the tuesday after it opened for first showing of day and was packed. Normally we go at this time for any new release movie and its never busy.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:26 PM

18,464 posts, read 15,244,932 times
I liked it. Not as much as I liked the first Jurassic Park when it came out, but definitely better than the others.
My kids loved it. They want to go again, but I think I'll let their mom take them next time.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:13 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,939,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post

Its a movie about dinosaurs just turn your brain off and enjoy the spectacle. I quite enjoyed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies