Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 09:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,946 times

Advertisements

I watched The Grudge 1 but haven't finished part 2 yet because the subs were so annoying to the point that i had to turn them off since there were lots of grammatical mistakes... oh well gotta download the subtitles first then i'll come back here real quick! click on here for this may help..

allsubs.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 01:08 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,105,307 times
The Shining, although Jack Nicholson's acting was horrible in it. Still a skeery flick.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:11 PM

699 posts, read 2,235,829 times
Most scary movies are actually funny, whether intentionally or unintentionally, which kills the mood.

Most of the ones I remember actually creeping me out have already been said.

Except for Event Horizon.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:37 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,685,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakehorror View Post
The horror genre is very disrespected, and that's fine, we true gore-hounds accept that and smile about it, so that's not up for discussion right now. Still we continue to do what we love, hunt down the latest splatterfest, go to all the conventions and support the underdog genre that has been ridiculed, persecuted and ripped apart by the "real" film lovers/critics.
What are some of your favorites?
Heres a few of mine in no particular order:

EVIL DEAD 1,2, AND ARMY OF DARKNESS
HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL (VINCENT PRICE)
DEAD ALIVE AKA BRAINDEAD
TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE
SAW SERIES
THE DEVILS REJECTS
HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES
ROSEMARYS BABY
THE HAUNTING
PEOPLE UNDER THE STAIRS
PIECES
THE BURNING
THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE
I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE
LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT
DAWN OF THE DEAD
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 1 & 2
CREEPSHOW 1 & 2
HATCHET
THE SHINING
HALLOWEEN SERIES
FRIDAY THE 13TH SERIES
NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET SERIES
FINAL DESTINATION SERIES
DR. GIGGLES
WITCHBOARD
TRUTH OR DARE
TOOLBOX MURDERS (ORIGINAL)
DRILLER KILLER
THE PROWLER
PROM NIGHT SERIES
HELL NIGHT

That's just a few from my collection. What are some of yours?
What makes a good horror movie?
As a fan of Evil Dead and Army of Darkness, you should read Bruce Campbell's autobiography "If Chins could Kill". He talks about in depth the troubles of making Evil Dead. Great read. That is if you are a reader.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:23 PM

413 posts, read 1,845,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missncr View Post
The Shining, although Jack Nicholson's acting was horrible in it. Still a skeery flick.
Normally I leave this alone, but The Shining was my favorite Nicholson roles to date! Well, that and One Flew Over the Coo Coos Nest.
His character in The Shining is actually used by some theater departments as an example of how a character slowly changes from man to monster, psychologically. Jack was amazing in The Shining, but I totally respect your view

Old 02-19-2008, 01:25 PM

413 posts, read 1,845,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
As a fan of Evil Dead and Army of Darkness, you should read Bruce Campbell's autobiography "If Chins could Kill". He talks about in depth the troubles of making Evil Dead. Great read. That is if you are a reader.
I'm a writer and a reader. I will check into this book. I have seen the behind the scenes footage and I know he had to beat himself up pretty bad on some scenes. Campbell is a very overlooked actor IMO.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:30 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,382,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakehorror View Post
Normally I leave this alone, but The Shining was my favorite Nicholson roles to date! Well, that and One Flew Over the Coo Coos Nest.
His character in The Shining is actually used by some theater departments as an example of how a character slowly changes from man to monster, psychologically. Jack was amazing in The Shining, but I totally respect your view
I always loved Nicholson's acting in The Shining. Now that I'm a little older and wiser I can see that he had a lot of help from his little friend named Cocaine to make that amazing transformation from man to monster. Great film regardless, though.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:30 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,754,224 times
Two thumbs up for the "Evil Dead" movies.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:40 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times
Wolf Creek. Yowie zowie.

Blair Witch project.

Drew Barrymore's scene in whatever slasher movie it was, it was the opening scene, she's on the phone with the guy who's watching her - I love/hate the outcome of her scene! (<--dont want to spoil for anyone...:P

I love horrifying visuals from movies - the little girl floating above her bed in The Exorcist (though there was a good buildup to that image as a climax IIRC). The creeping woman in The Ring - or The Grudge? (whichever it was...SHUDDER!!!)

Old 03-15-2008, 05:13 PM

828 posts, read 3,137,831 times
Silence Of The Lambs
The Shining
Hellraiser

As for The Exorcist...
I can remember the very first time that I watched it...I laughed quite a bit.
As I did everytime after.
Ok, so I am not a huge fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies