U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 11:02 PM

2,865 posts, read 4,666,507 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezQLP1dj_t8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 01:06 PM

3,603 posts, read 4,689,888 times
In Moonstruck, Nicholas Cage tries to get Cher into bed with one of the best raps I've ever seen in movies:

Loretta, I love you. Not like they told you love is, and I didn’t know this either, but love don’t make things nice – it ruins everything. It breaks your heart. It makes things a mess. We aren’t here to make things perfect. The snowflakes are perfect. The stars are perfect. Not us. Not us! We are here to ruin ourselves and to break our hearts and love the wrong people and die. The storybooks are bull****. Now I want you to come upstairs with me and get in my bed!

Old 07-20-2015, 03:30 PM

12,850 posts, read 8,147,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
In Moonstruck, Nicholas Cage tries to get Cher into bed with one of the best raps I've ever seen in movies:

Loretta, I love you. Not like they told you love is, and I didnít know this either, but love donít make things nice Ė it ruins everything. It breaks your heart. It makes things a mess. We arenít here to make things perfect. The snowflakes are perfect. The stars are perfect. Not us. Not us! We are here to ruin ourselves and to break our hearts and love the wrong people and die. The storybooks are bull****. Now I want you to come upstairs with me and get in my bed!
Lol, I've posted that scene before. Tons of great quotes from that movie.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:32 PM

1,582 posts, read 603,326 times
You insulted him a little bit - Goodfellas

I got shot in the buttocks - Forrest Gump

"Want a beer?"
"Its seven o clock in the morning!"
"Scotch?" - Mr Mom

"We're not just gonna let you just walk out of here."
"Whos we, sucker?"
"Smith, and Wesson, and me." - Sudden Impact

Pardon my French, but Cameron is so tight, if you put a lump of coal up his ass in two weeks you'd have a diamond
- Ferris Buelllers Day Off

Old 07-21-2015, 02:33 AM

305 posts, read 219,928 times
What we got here is failure to communicate...Cool Hand Luke
I'm your Huckleberry...Tombstone
Life is like a box of chocolates...Forrest Gump
Fill your hand you son of a *****...True Grit
Go ahead make my day...Dirty Harry

Old 07-21-2015, 09:22 AM

9,767 posts, read 8,596,379 times
Quote:

Loretta, I love you. Not like they told you love is, and I didnít know this either, but love donít make things nice Ė it ruins everything. It breaks your heart. It makes things a mess. We arenít here to make things perfect. The snowflakes are perfect. The stars are perfect. Not us. Not us! We are here to ruin ourselves and to break our hearts and love the wrong people and die. The storybooks are bull****. Now I want you to come upstairs with me and get in my bed!
Classic.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:26 AM
Status: "Never gonna live if you're too scared to die" (set 19 days ago)

7,102 posts, read 8,319,460 times
Quote:

This is one of my favorite movies and I absolutely LOVE that part!

Old 07-21-2015, 09:39 AM
Status: "Never gonna live if you're too scared to die" (set 19 days ago)

7,102 posts, read 8,319,460 times
For me, pretty much anything from The Princess Bride is a favorite quote and Moonstruck

Here's a few of my favorites:

I mute the TV when this part comes on and I say it verbatim (from Goodfellas):

Karen: This is Karen Hill, I want to talk to you. Hello? Don't hang up on me. I want to talk to you. You keep away from my husband, you understand me? Hello? ANSWER ME. I'm going to tell everybody that walks in this building that in 2R, Rossi, you're nothing but a wh*r#.

Karen: Is this the superintendent?... Yes, sir, I would like you to know that you have a wh*r# living in 2R. Rossi, Janice Rossi... He's MY husband. Get your own godd*mn man.

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." The Wizard of Oz

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know." Animal Crackers

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make." Dracula (1931)

"Say, do any of you guys know how to Madison?" Rocky Horror Picture Show

Old 07-21-2015, 11:14 AM

3,182 posts, read 1,492,972 times
C-3PO to R2D2:

Oh, SWITCH OFF!

Old 07-21-2015, 12:25 PM

20,862 posts, read 1,282,826 times
Clint Eastwood in "The Outlaw Josey Wales:

"Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies