Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2015, 10:44 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
That was Doomsday? He looked more like someone threw their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle in the fire for a few minutes, then put out the fire.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 07:18 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
That was Doomsday? He looked more like someone threw their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle in the fire for a few minutes, then put out the fire.

Wonder Woman looks AWESOME. I confess I have very little enthusiasm for this movie. But I want to see the Wonder Woman movie right now.

I showed the trailer to my 9 year old daughter last night, and she nearly jumped through the ceiling when Wonder Woman came onscreen.
I have excitement to see Batman POSSIBLY put Superman in his place. I hate Superman and have since I was a teenager because he is not vulnerable enough to be convincing. Captain America, like Superman is a boy scout looking to defend truth, justice and the American way, but he is merely given his abilities to be a peak human rather than a god. He is much like a male Wonder Woman in his power set. He is much easier to connect to. Superman can only connect by really being an outsider.

Old 12-10-2015, 04:01 AM

570 posts, read 721,367 times
Quote:
My first thought was that he looked like a cave troll from LOTR.

Old 12-11-2015, 06:31 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I have excitement to see Batman POSSIBLY put Superman in his place. I hate Superman and have since I was a teenager because he is not vulnerable enough to be convincing. Captain America, like Superman is a boy scout looking to defend truth, justice and the American way, but he is merely given his abilities to be a peak human rather than a god. He is much like a male Wonder Woman in his power set. He is much easier to connect to. Superman can only connect by really being an outsider.
Agreed.

I think that Superman has the potential to be very interesting, but the things I find most interesting about him never seem to be what the writers focus on. I pretty much lose interest in Supes after he grows up, but all the writers want to do is have him hit stuff.

Old 02-23-2016, 11:58 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Agreed.

I think that Superman has the potential to be very interesting, but the things I find most interesting about him never seem to be what the writers focus on. I pretty much lose interest in Supes after he grows up, but all the writers want to do is have him hit stuff.
Maybe they need to do a Superboy film even if it is Kon-El...

Old 02-23-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Maybe they need to do a Superboy film even if it is Kon-El...
TV did that. It was actually kind of fun for a few seasons but became increasingly absurd as it went on. It was:

Old 02-23-2016, 01:06 PM

Justice League begins shooting April 11 | EW.com

Justice League begins shooting April 11

Quote:
Justice League will shoot at the Warner Bros. Leavesden studios in southeast England, as well as various locations around London and in Iceland. While this film is being designated Part 1, the follow-up installment, which will shoot separately, is already on the studio’s release schedule for 2019, following standalone movies for The Flash and Aquaman (both planned for 2018).

Old 02-23-2016, 01:09 PM

Old 02-23-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Justice League begins shooting April 11 | EW.com

Justice League begins shooting April 11
Zack Snyder at the helm?

My reaction is more like:

Old 02-23-2016, 01:16 PM

You'd rather have Joss? (No thanks.) Shane Black...?! (Oh, HELL, no!) The guy who made that Dark World clusterf*ck?

You have to remember, Chris Terrio is also a part of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies