Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 01:45 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,574,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Batman's greatest weapon is his mind. He's a chess player. He's not only two steps ahead of his opponent, he's probably five steps ahead. So yeah, he will know about kryptonite.
Indeed, Batman is the master tactician, the superior strategist, the foremost fighter. He'll soak up every bit of data he can learn about "the Kryptonian" before the [second] confrontation. I suspect the first one will be a brief "get-to-know-you" encounter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
But is it something they find, create or what. We only see Luthor with it so who knows what will happen.
I have a hunch it will arrive encased within a meteorite. Lex looking at a chunk of phosphorescent rock makes me think it's nothing that will be synthesized.

(And we won't be insulted by the "green shiv" this time.)

Old 07-15-2015, 12:06 PM

3,719 posts, read 5,670,053 times
Superman firing his beams at Batman doesn't seem every Superman-like. Could that be Amazo?

Old 07-15-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
Superman firing his beams at Batman doesn't seem every Superman-like. Could that be Amazo?
It isn't, and he's not. The trailer's edited to mislead. The beam that strikes the building is much larger than Superman's heat vision.

Old 07-18-2015, 09:24 AM

2,084 posts, read 2,608,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I haven't seen the Watchmen movie, mostly because I didn't like the comic. In fact, it's not an exaggeration to say I hated the comic. By far the most over-rated comic story of all time. Pompous writing. Navel gazing. And really, really bad coloring in the art.
Lol

You write a graphic novel for us then and blow our minds, since you are superior. If not then I will deem it overrated with absolutely no redeeming quality.

It's one thing to dislike Alan Moore, or even the squid element, and it's another to not even appreciate his character development in the book.

Anyway, I am not too impressed with the BvS trailer but I'll see it for Batman and will likely find something to like about the movie.

Old 07-19-2015, 01:54 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,731,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Lol

You write a graphic novel for us then and blow our minds, since you are superior. If not then I will deem it overrated with absolutely no redeeming quality.

It's one thing to dislike Alan Moore, or even the squid element, and it's another to not even appreciate his character development in the book.

Anyway, I am not too impressed with the BvS trailer but I'll see it for Batman and will likely find something to like about the movie.
I'm not really a Superman fan BUT, I really think this movie looks REALLY, REALLY good from the first two trailers released for the film. That said, I am a Bat fan myself.

Old 07-19-2015, 02:27 PM

17,720 posts, read 13,422,914 times
I just hope that they don't down play WW. They did the same thing with Wolverine movies. Two hours of watching my favorite comic book hero get his arse kicked REALLY bugged me. For the most part she's just as strong as Superman, but she can't take the punishment that he can.

Old 07-19-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I just hope that they don't down play WW. They did the same thing with Wolverine movies. Two hours of watching my favorite comic book hero get his arse kicked REALLY bugged me. For the most part she's just as strong as Superman, but she can't take the punishment that he can.
Not a chance in hell they would shortchange one-third of "the trinity"!

Old 07-21-2015, 05:44 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,476,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Ive been a DC fan since the 80s, im curious how this DC universe is going to pan out. Man of Steel wasn't too bad. Im not too sure about the wonder woman project. Even Black Widow hasnt had her own movie.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
Ive been a DC fan since the 80s, im curious how this DC universe is going to pan out. Man of Steel wasn't too bad. Im not too sure about the wonder woman project. Even Black Widow hasnt had her own movie.
Marvel doesn't have faith in her carrying her own movie.* WB/DC announced Wonder Woman, and ever since, Marvel's been making moves to not seem like they want every major character to be another white guy. They announced Captain Marvel (that was a left-fielder), brought Scarlet Witch into the Avengers, and showed us who's going to be the Wasp in Ant-Man.

*Meanwhile, ScarJo starred in Lucy, which resembled a Black Widow movie in the promos without the Marvel logo. It didn't have a big budget and it ended up making some money. A win for ScarJo, since Lucy 2 got the green light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies