Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2016, 12:21 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Question: Why do so many people hate Ben Affleck? He's not a bad actor and never has been. Is it because he's done so many bad movies? Ryan Reynolds has done just as many stinkers but everyone loves him. What the hell?

I just don't think he's that good of an actor. This has nothing to do with him playing DD either. I've never seen him do anything that has wowed me. I got a copy of Argo on my shelf that someone gave me but I can't bring myself to watch it. I liked Dogma & some of his other movies but I would never go to a movie because he's in it. I know he's a huge comic book fan & what's to do the role justice but he looks like a Jersey boy to me. He's not impressive if you ask me. I don't hate me or anything just don't see the appeal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2016, 12:37 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,549 times
Watch 'The Town.' Affleck is a very good actor(and director).

Old 03-26-2016, 12:40 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Perhaps with a successful Batman run Affleck's public acting prejudice will change and match his directors fame like Matthew McConaughey's did as an actor about five years ago

Old 03-26-2016, 12:40 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,141,237 times
Lex Luthor's character was flat out annoying in this movie...an exhibition in overacting if you ask me.

Old 03-26-2016, 12:42 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,141,237 times
Ben Affleck is a decent - good actor...it's his brother Casey Affleck who can't act...talk about a dry and dull screen presence.

Old 03-26-2016, 01:10 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Just saw this movie.

Not bad, not great, definitely not one of the best superhero movies. But overall, good enough for me. D.C. movies always do that dark ambiance quite well.

The first part of movie was quite slow. I get it that they're trying to set the whole thing up (as all 'introductory' superhero movies do), but damn.

The second part of movie was awesome. I liked Batman's scenes since they were pretty intense, especially in that building fighting off those gunmen.

When they introduced that one character, I felt like getting out of my chair and pumping my fist. Perfect way to do so with the music and all, very bad ass.

All actors were good. Ben Affleck did the role well. I've always liked him as he's great in roles where he plays brooding characters that have a mystery about them. Amy Adams was also good and I liked her role in this film. Superman was Superman. It was nice to see Tao Okamoto in a side role, now she's been in both a DC and a Marvel movie.

As a setup movie towards the Justice League, I can't wait. I didn't like the Avengers movies at all.

Friday Box Office Analysis

Quote:
Here’s what we believe will happen: We think that Batman vs. Superman is going to make about $162 million this weekend, but we expect the estimate to come in somewhere between $170 and $175 million, and we doubt that the studio changes it after the fact. The good news for BvS is that international audiences rarely seem to care about the underlying quality of films. They just go see whatever is popular with Americans - and sometimes stuff that isn’t. It has already earned $115.3 million overseas, $20 million of which comes from the lucrative Chinese market.

Reports have indicated that Warner Bros. believes that Batman v Superman needs at least $1 billion to justify a sequel. Those reports are a strange combination of optimistic and pessimistic. They’re optimistic because if Warner Bros. wants to make a sequel to this movie, they will, and let’s be honest about the fact that neither the Batman nor the Superman franchise is going away, no matter how much harm Zack Snyder continues to inflict upon the brand.

So, what we’re talking about is the Allegiant scenario, and that’s where the pessimism comes into play. An insignificant number of people are watching Batman v Superman and saying, “Wow, I’d like more of this.” The only exclusion to that is Wonder Woman, and the Wonder Woman movie was the one thing the studio was never going to move away from anyway. That’s a long way to go to say that even with an amazing opening weekend, Dawn of Justice is likely to follow the same trajectory as Man of Steel. It’s going to die quickly and provide little if any domestic revenue after exhibitors take their cut. Meanwhile, it will earn enough overseas to justify sequels, even without fan support for them.

Old 03-26-2016, 01:20 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Watch 'The Town.' Affleck is a very good actor(and director).
I thought he was excellent in "Hollywoodland" as well.

And after having seen him in this today, I thought he was perfectly cast.
I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Thinking of seeing it again.

Old 03-26-2016, 01:22 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
The director's cut of Daredevil is a very solid movie. I like it more than the Raimi Spider-Man movies.
Stretch. Spider-Man 2 is still one of my favorites and holds up even to this day.

Old 03-26-2016, 01:25 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Lex Luthor's character was flat out annoying in this movie...an exhibition in overacting if you ask me.
I can agree that it is annoying but in context, he is much much better than the trailers. Lex is a nutty combination of classic Lex and a Web 2.0 CEO. He was wacked out but he made sense and the same time. Perhaps I am able to decode that and others can't.

Old 03-26-2016, 01:32 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,618,718 times
Lex is a vile bastard and one will only realize that by watching the film.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies