Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 08:04 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,610,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
According to IMDb the release date of Justice League part 1 is November 2017. I wonder why they didn't release the stand alones earlier than the JL movie?
That doesn't make sense to me either. The natural flow of things should be to release all of the individual DC superhero movies prior to a joining-of-the-forces JLA movie. Then any newbies to an audience would understand the characters a bit more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 09:02 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
That doesn't make sense to me either. The natural flow of things should be to release all of the individual DC superhero movies prior to a joining-of-the-forces JLA movie. Then any newbies to an audience would understand the characters a bit more.
Confusing.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:06 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
According to IMDb the release date of Justice League part 1 is November 2017. I wonder why they didn;t release the stand alones earlier than the JL movie?
I think Aquman is before Part 1 to but I believe it is Flash and The Batman in the unforgiving middle spots like Black Panther and Captain Marvel are for the MCU. Cyborg, Green Lantern and Shazam! Aren't even until after Justice League 2, with no official Man of Steel sequel announced.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Besides Batman I agree because most of DC's characters are vastly unknown. At least Wonder Woman will have a decent role in BvS and I believe Cyborg will be in it too but alas, without the robot parts. I just wish that when it comes to the characters they do them different from the tv shows. I held out joke the DCMU's Flash was Wally but it will be Barry (let the confusion begin.)

Old 07-14-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think Aquman is before Part 1 to but I believe it is Flash and The Batman in the unforgiving middle spots like Black Panther and Captain Marvel are for the MCU. Cyborg, Green Lantern and Shazam! Aren't even until after Justice League 2, with no official Man of Steel sequel announced.

According to IMDb Aquaman is set for release in 2018. Aquaman looks badass. Wonder Woman is set for release in 2017.

Off this immediate topic, but I cannot wait for the Deadpool movie to come out. It's going to be rated R.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:56 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,616,738 times
I'm going to have to disagree with DC's characters being mostly unknown at this stage. In the past, we've had movies, for better or for worse, that have featured Superman, Batman, Supergirl and Green Lantern.

Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are the three most iconic. Aquaman and Captain Marvel aka Shazam are also pretty well-known. Thanks to the TV series, people are now familiar with [Green] Arrow and Flash. Supergirl is now getting her own show on CBS, and it's being promoted heavily.

There have been many complaints about Warner Bros. not following the Marvel Studios template. Keep in mind there were three characters (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America) who got solo movies before Avengers. That's it. Everyone else (Black Widow, Hawkeye, War Machine, Nick Fury) was in Iron Man 2. Fury was also in the post-credits scene of Iron Man.

By the time we get to Justice League, we'll have seen Superman (in two movies, just like Iron Man), Batman (as a co-headliner) and Wonder Woman introduced on a grand scale, not to mention some principal antagonists from the Bat-mythos: Joker, Killer Croc, Deadshot and Harley Quinn. We'll have met Aquaman, Cyborg and, presumably, the big screen Flash played by Ezra Miller.

We do not need another solo Batman film at this point. (It's actually being written now and will likely be made and released in just a few years). The Green Lantern reboot, announced at Comic Con this year, is titled Green Lantern Corps.

I think audiences will be able to get on just fine. Not everything has to be done "the Marvel way."

Old 07-14-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
According to IMDb Aquaman is set for release in 2018. Aquaman looks badass. Wonder Woman is set for release in 2017.

Off this immediate topic, but I cannot wait for the Deadpool movie to come out. It's going to be rated R.
Yeah, the DC line-up is fuzzy. I'll try and make X-Men movie threads after work, if they aren't up by then though I am looking more towards Apocalypse than Deadpool to be honest.

Old 07-14-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:

Momoa's Aquaman is going to be awesome.

Deadpool looks good, and check out the Suicide Squad trailer. It's being directed by David Ayer.

Old 07-14-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
I'm going to have to disagree with DC's characters being mostly unknown at this stage. In the past, we've had movies, for better or for worse, that have featured Superman, Batman, Supergirl and Green Lantern.

Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are the three most iconic. Aquaman and Captain Marvel aka Shazam are also pretty well-known. Thanks to the TV series, people are now familiar with [Green] Arrow and Flash. Supergirl is now getting her own show on CBS, and it's being promoted heavily.

There have been many complaints about Warner Bros. not following the Marvel Studios template. Keep in mind there were three characters (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America) who got solo movies before Avengers. That's it. Everyone else (Black Widow, Hawkeye, War Machine, Nick Fury) was in Iron Man 2. Fury was also in the post-credits scene of Iron Man.

By the time we get to Justice League, we'll have seen Superman (in two movies, just like Iron Man), Batman (as a co-headliner) and Wonder Woman introduced on a grand scale, not to mention some principal antagonists from the Bat-mythos: Joker, Killer Croc, Deadshot and Harley Quinn. We'll have met Aquaman, Cyborg and, presumably, the big screen Flash played by Ezra Miller.

We do not need another solo Batman film at this point. (It's actually being written now and will likely be made and released in just a few years). The Green Lantern reboot, announced at Comic Con this year, is titled Green Lantern Corps.

I think audiences will be able to get on just fine. Not everything has to be done "the Marvel way."

They're the professionals.

I do hope the Green Lantern movie is better than the first one. That one was a stinker.

Old 07-14-2015, 10:21 AM

I forgot something else.

The DCCU has a huge advantage where their roster is concerned: the use of any or all of their characters.

Since three or four different studios retain the film rights to many principal Marvel characters (Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Avengers, and all the mutants) and their foes, Marvel has to drastically retool storylines before they can adapt them. That's one of the single largest problems with Avengers: Age of Ultron, Joss Whedon's sub-par (mis)direction notwithstanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies