U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 09:50 AM

16,696 posts, read 9,801,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The Joker always liked zombie-esque though with being pasty white and skinny for the most part.

I guess I'll need to see the movie and make a judgement then. I thought Keith Ledger made a brilliant joker. He came across as just crazy enough without being cartoonish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 10:11 AM

12,339 posts, read 16,976,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Odd. The guy looks like a zombie.
Yeah.

The Joker is supposed to evoke a demented clown, not a zombie.

And honestly, clowns are way scarier than vampires or zombies. I would spend the night on a bed made from voodoo dolls in Castle Dracula before I would sleep in the same tent as a clown.

Old 07-14-2015, 11:16 AM

13,351 posts, read 14,086,670 times
Should've cast Flavor Flav as the Joker:

Old 01-21-2016, 09:43 AM

2,909 posts, read 952,918 times
AMAZING new trailer. This looks awesome! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmRi...ature=youtu.be

Old 01-21-2016, 03:50 PM

20,550 posts, read 10,956,103 times
It is a much better trailer that said, I don't like the use of Bohemian Rhapsody personally until the end part set to the hard Rock section of the song. I still don't buy it as the second film in the fully planned universe though...

Old 01-21-2016, 04:18 PM

2,909 posts, read 952,918 times
Quote:
I still don't buy it as the second film in the fully planned universe though...
That's good, it's because it's the third.

Old 01-21-2016, 05:46 PM

20,550 posts, read 10,956,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
That's good, it's because it's the third.
Man of Steel wasn't fully planned as the first.

Old 04-02-2016, 04:20 PM

9,798 posts, read 4,924,995 times
This is interesting.

One of the things that intrigued me about the trailers is that the movie actually seemed a bit more serious and darker than your typical Marvel movie. I happen to like dark themed movies, and the one trailer I saw, never got the impression it was supposed to be humorous.

The last SS trailer I saw though, right before Batman vs. Superman, they definitely amped up the cheese factor in trying to show sarcastic and funny scenes. Not my cup of tea.

Now they're doing extensive reshoots.

‘Suicide Squad’ Undergoes Reshoots to Make it More Fun
Quote:
When the Suicide Squad trailer was released, most remarked at how fun it looked in sharp contrast to the bleak, dark world of Batman vs. Superman. Fans connected to it immediately in a very big way; to this day the Suicide Squad trailer has about 15 million more views on YouTube than the Batman vs. Superman trailer, which came out over a month earlier. But, it may have all been a clever trick of editing. It turns out the movie was not as fun or funny as you might have expected and now, according to reports, Warner Bros. has sunk a lot of money into expensive reshoots to help lighten the tone of the DC Cinematic Universe.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:54 AM

273 posts, read 88,491 times
Quote:
I still don't buy it as the second film in the fully planned universe though...
I just don't see how this film fits in with the extended universe. A Justice League film is supposed to be the culmination of standalones and storylines, where does a suicide squad fit in?

Old 04-03-2016, 01:08 AM

3,196 posts, read 1,886,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the happy guy View Post
I just don't see how this film fits in with the extended universe. A Justice League film is supposed to be the culmination of standalones and storylines, where does a suicide squad fit in?
They wanted their own 'Guardians of the Galaxy.' But because they have no foresight they hired a dramatic, gritty director to make it and let him do whatever he wanted, so now they have to sink millions more dollars into reshoots to make it what they wanted it to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies