U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 11:08 AM

1,324 posts, read 507,078 times

Advertisements

Looks good! Hope it's better than awful batman v superman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 12:15 PM

9,798 posts, read 4,924,995 times
This is the trailer they showed when I saw Batman/Superman movie last week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQZEBWrHj90

It's obvious they are now going with a more lighter and humorous tone to the movie.

Contrast this with the original trailer (on the original post). That original trailer blew me away, it seemed very serious and moving. A bunch of expendable outcasts and criminals being sent on a mission to put away a dangerous madman.

Now they want to make it their version of Deadpool it seems.

Disappointing to me, especially now that they are going to do expensive re-shoots to put in even more lighter scenes.

Like I said, I don't mind darker and more serious toned comic book movies.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:44 PM

2,909 posts, read 952,918 times
That trailer debuted a while back. It isn't necessarily lighter. More balanced. It shows you a lot more than the Comic Con trailer.

I also prefer darker and more serious, but when you've got a band of misfits like those, they're each going to be written differently. Harley, Joker, and Deadshot, f'r instance, will no doubt generate the lion's share of the film's 'tude.

Old 04-03-2016, 01:36 PM

The latest trailer is most definitely more lighter in tone and tongue in cheek compared to the first ones. From the background music to the choice of scenes showing the characters in a more humorous and 'bad boy' light.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:16 AM

15,667 posts, read 13,868,738 times
The film looks bad, but who knows? But I think they missed a huge chance to do something new with the Joker. Have him played as a straight man, one mostly sane and at odds with his villainous and psychotic manic impulses. Have him have apparently been successfully treated with psychotherapy and medication. He'd walk through the mayhem annoying the hell out of his cohorts and enemies who wouldn't know what to think of him and nobody would know just how to deal with him. The voice of reason and cool and collected. We've seen the crazy joker, this would be new. Or is his apparent saneness just an elaborate ruse...?

Old 04-04-2016, 11:37 AM

3,196 posts, read 1,886,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The film looks bad, but who knows? But I think they missed a huge chance to do something new with the Joker. Have him played as a straight man, one mostly sane and at odds with his villainous and psychotic manic impulses. Have him have apparently been successfully treated with psychotherapy and medication. He'd walk through the mayhem annoying the hell out of his cohorts and enemies who wouldn't know what to think of him and nobody would know just how to deal with him. The voice of reason and cool and collected. We've seen the crazy joker, this would be new. Or is his apparent saneness just an elaborate ruse...?
That would be not the Joker. Probably just go see something else if you don't like the characters.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:02 AM

12,339 posts, read 16,976,903 times
Early reactions: "Suicide Squad" Test Screening Reactions | News | Dark Horizons

General consensus is that it's a good movie --- and Harley Quinn steals the movie.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:52 AM

On track for big debut

Box Office: 'Suicide Squad' Tracking for Enormous $125M-Plus U.S. Debut - Hollywood Reporter

Quote:
The forecast for David Ayer's Suicide Squad is looking good.

If early tracking is any indication, the Warner Bros. and DC superhero movie could open to an enormous $125 million in its North American debut when unfurling over the Aug. 5-7 weekend. Some box-office analysts believe it could even climb higher — think $135 million or more — but stress it's still early in the game.

Either way, Suicide Squad should have no trouble coming in ahead of Marvel and Disney's Guardians of the Galaxy, which launched to $94.3 million domestically in early August 2014 and remains the record holder for top August opening.
I don't like the latest trailer either.

But I am still excited to see this one.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:17 AM

2,909 posts, read 952,918 times
The trailers are tonally consistent. David Ayer says the movie's a "beast"...to paraphrase Batman, I believe him.

Old 07-15-2016, 10:37 AM

I like how Batman is in this one viewing the trailers.

One thing I do love about movies is the concept of crossovers where different characters converge in one movie.

From Aliens/Predators to Freddie/Jason, it always makes me smile to see this. I think that's about the only thing I really liked about Captain American Civil War.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies