Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 06:52 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,735,893 times

Advertisements

so it's on netflix now and i've never seen it....finally watched last night and oh my gosh, i loved it and i love audrey hepburn and now i can't stop singing moon river, which i didn't even know came from that movie! and how funny, mickey rooney as the little japanese man....yeah, that can never be done again! but while watching the movie, audrey hepburn is just timeless...she's so beautiful and her looks could even be current ya know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2015, 05:53 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Netflix has been running Audrey Hepburn movies lately. In May, I think, I finally saw Funnyface, and I enjoyed it. Although it was not a box office success, it is entertaining, if you can accept old movie plots. Such good dancing. I had no idea that Hepburn could dance, but she could. She was classically trained in the ballet. After that movie, I tried to watch Roman Holiday. I couldn't get through more that 20% of that movie. So hackneyed, so black and white, so dull. And I love Gregory Peck!

Its been awhile since I saw Breakfast at Tiffany's. I think I'll revisit it. Some time you might want to read the novella/short story by Truman Capote that inspired BAT. It is different than the movie, although using the same characters and NY setting.

Old 07-19-2015, 12:38 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,100 times
Quote:
Breakfast At Tiffany's
People mention Steve McQueen when it comes to movie "cool", but they either forget about, or have never heard of George Peppard. The guy always had it together in his roles.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:12 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
People mention Steve McQueen when it comes to movie "cool", but they either forget about, or have never heard of George Peppard. The guy always had it together in his roles.
"The Blue Max" is one of my favorites.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:14 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,258,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post

One of mine, too.

Also liked him in a supporting role in "Tobruk".

Old 07-20-2015, 09:52 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
One of mine, too.

Also liked him in a supporting role in "Tobruk".
Yep. Peppard also played a Howard Hughes type role in Carpetbaggers, and had a pretty decent TV series: Banacek.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:02 PM

828 posts, read 908,056 times
I just watched this. I was a bit disappointed, and I wasn't expecting to be at all. I had really high expectations for it.

Cinematography was great. The last five minutes were lovely. The music was nice. I enjoyed seeing images of a bygone Manhattan, especially the shops. But I had higher expectations of it as a classic romance. I am not sure how I feel about my opinion. I know that's a weird statement to make, but it's as if I feel like I must be doing something wrong not to like this movie. I was definitely multi-tasking while watching it, and I wonder if that took from the experience. I was a bit bored throughout most of it.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:48 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,087 times
Funny that I was just thinking of this one today. I love her speech to Doc about how he musn't give his heart to wild things because they just become stronger until they can leave him. And then Geroge Peppard uses her words to bring her back.

They really don't make movies like this anymmore that are filled with kindness.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:44 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Some time you might want to read the novella/short story by Truman Capote that inspired BAT. It is different than the movie, although using the same characters and NY setting.
One of the few films adapted from a book that was (almost) as good as the book.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:16 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,258,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Peppard...had a pretty decent TV series: Banacek.

I remember the show, and the opening with him in a rowing shell, but what did his character do? I think he was an investigator of some kind, but not a "Private Eye".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies