Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2016, 02:39 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,734,968 times

Advertisements

I also think this movie deserved a B and Leonardo's unrealistic physical condition in the movie, after everything that happens to his character, made it hard for me to suspend my believe. He also has an unfortunate baby face that makes me unable to forget that he's Leonardo DiCaprio, no matter what character he plays and how he tries to hide that baby face.

Tom Hardy absolutely outdid DiCaprio. I didn't even know it was him until after the movie when I saw his name during movie credits. That's how well he acted and how deeply he immersed himself in his character.

Beautiful cinematography though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 03:15 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
I also think this movie deserved a B and Leonardo's unrealistic physical condition in the movie, after everything that happens to his character, made it hard for me to suspend my believe. He also has an unfortunate baby face that makes me unable to forget that he's Leonardo DiCaprio, no matter what character he plays and how he tries to hide that baby face.

Tom Hardy absolutely outdid DiCaprio. I didn't even know it was him until after the movie when I saw his name during movie credits. That's how well he acted and how deeply he immersed himself in his character.

Beautiful cinematography though.
did you know that the bear attack was true, and that Glass did in fact survive his injuries...
Revenant means coming back from the dead.

Old 01-10-2016, 04:15 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
it's a remake of this.....
Man in the Wilderness*(1971) - Rotten Tomatoes

Old 01-10-2016, 04:40 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
yes it is, and both were done very well.....

Old 01-10-2016, 04:50 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
As a SD resident I wanted to chime in to note that an astoundingly beautiful sculpture by John Lopez has been erected near Lemmon, SD, the probable site of where Glass was attacked by the bear.

Since the image is probably copyrighted, here's the URL: John Lopez Studio Check it out and enjoy!

I've never like DiCaprio, for the same reason someone else noted above. He has that awful baby face and a very distinctive young sounding voice that he can't seem to change per role. I wish another actor who is naturally more mature had been picked to play Glass.

Old 01-10-2016, 04:55 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,259,799 times
1. Take half of the price of admission and buy a can of cheap paint and a brush.

2. Apply paint to any flat surface.

3. Spend the next 2-1/2 hours watching it dry.

4. You will have experienced all of the interest and excitement of "The Revenant".

Old 01-10-2016, 05:33 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,823,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
did you know that the bear attack was true, and that Glass did in fact survive his injuries...
Revenant means coming back from the dead.
Right, but did he survive going through waterfalls and being drenched in an icy cold water, as well as falling from a cliff? I don't think anyone is saying you cant survive the bear mauling like he did but rather everything else that happened in the movie especially him being able to fight like nothing

Old 01-10-2016, 05:59 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartWA View Post
I"m going to see it Saturday. I'll just keep telling myself the bear attack is just special effects, it's just special effects...
"it's only a movie, it's only a movie". that's what my friends and i used to say to each other and to ourselves when we were young whenever there was a violent scene that was hard to watch.

Old 01-10-2016, 06:26 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,259,799 times
My wife's review:

"Grunt, grunt. Crawl, crawl. Bleed, bleed."

Old 01-10-2016, 06:32 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
1. Take half of the price of admission and buy a can of cheap paint and a brush.

2. Apply paint to any flat surface.

3. Spend the next 2-1/2 hours watching it dry.

4. You will have experienced all of the interest and excitement of "The Revenant".
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
My wife's review:

"Grunt, grunt. Crawl, crawl. Bleed, bleed."
Oh wow, you're so edgy and cool. Teach me how to be as funny as you.

On a serious note, you made your point in one post, no need to make two. I get not everyone is not going to like it but geez.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies