U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 03:18 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,364,709 times

Advertisements

The Perfect Storm = a perfect case of motion sickness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 05:22 PM

3,788 posts, read 2,007,920 times
I Spit on Your Grave 2. This movie was so disturbing to me. I had to shut it off part way through. The acts of violence on this girl was way to much for me to sit through.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:08 PM

12,618 posts, read 10,732,308 times
So glad I chose not to see 95% of the films posted already.

The Counselor mad me almost ill....but MAD at the advertisements tricking us.
Any animal with pain movie would make me ill...so never see any...even when
people tell me it ''turns out ok"...don't care!

Nazy, Killing Fields type would, so never go.
Never saw Titanic bec I would sob during previews...I'm too sensitive.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:23 AM

3,330 posts, read 1,976,748 times
I cant watch those movies where the psycho has the hostage in some dirty underground lair cutting off fingers and toes one by one with a dull pruning shears.....I forgot the name of it...kind of like a Hostel....

Old 10-09-2015, 12:11 AM

3,697 posts, read 3,280,195 times
Human centipede.

Anyone remember that old sally field movie, Sybil?
I remember watching it a few times. The cruelty to that sweet girl along with the filming and music. It literally turned my young stomach.
I still remember vividly the piano and enema scene.
Sick.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:20 AM

2,982 posts, read 1,709,587 times
I forgot all about Ghostship.
I love scary movies, but was totally not expecting people to get cut in half within 5 minutes of opening. I did continue to watch it afterwards, and the rest was good.
But if you've never seen it, just skip through the part where you see them tightening up the cable while everyone dances. Horrid scene.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:44 AM

1,488 posts, read 1,051,939 times
Evening!

I don't watch movies with evil or disturbing themes, but occasionally I get caught unaware.

The Wicker Man
The Changeling
Casualties of War

I found them all highly disturbing.

My first husband went to watch The Exorcist (without me -- I wouldn't go) and had to sleep with the light on for a week. That's asking for it! OTOH, the first Alien movie scared him too, and I thought it was pretty cool. It was sci-fi and I'm aware of the difference; it's twisted reality that bothers me.

Shalom,

Mahrie.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:32 AM

2,700 posts, read 5,152,810 times
I can't think of a movie I saw that made me physically sick...like nauseated. Rather, I've seen movies that made me feel psychologically wounded/fragile/raw.

Radio Flyer: In this movie, the boys are abused by their stepfather. There's a scene there the stepfather uses a cord to beat the younger boy. I fled. I started to hyperventilate and I could't stay in the theatre, so I fled to the lobby.

A.I.: The Flesh Faire scene, where they rip the robots apart for entertainment, was another sickening scene for me. I had to leave.

Warhorse: We went to see this movie on Christmas Day. Ho-ho-jolly-effing-ho! I did not leave -- although my mother did -- but I sat in my chair and seethed over what this poor horse was going through. When we got out to the car, my mother was still furious.

I can handle violence on screen. Action movies, which generally have a lot of violence, are my favorite genre. Had no problem whatsoever with John Wick shooting eighty people in the head, or whatever. But the violence has to be between equals. It's not a matter of age or gender: If you've got a tough guy going up against a tough girl and she's clearly holding her own, it's no problem. But if you've got a tough guy beating the crap out of a woman (or child...or another guy, for that matter) who is so obviously much weaker, then it sickens me.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:07 PM

12,899 posts, read 18,446,350 times
Transformers. Too much movement, choppy editing and spinning things to even notice how bad the story was... it kinda felt like riding a bad amusement park ride for 2 hours straight.
I never saw the sequels.

Old 10-16-2015, 10:22 PM

862 posts, read 661,158 times
Never seen a movie that made me physically ill BUT I do remember the time when I saw Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band back in 1978 and seeing two adults get up and running out of the theater as if they were sick. Perhaps the sight of George Burns or Steve Martin singing Beatles tunes were too much for them or they didn't like the Bee Gees or Peter Frampton doing the same thing. For whatever reason they never did came back into the theater to finish watching the movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or