Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 04:31 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Do you know I just figured out who this LC30 IS !
Thanks for all your past reps, buddy! xxoo
Best laugh of the night that was thank you xx

I know it's annoying when you get a rep and especially if it's raunchy or spicy and you don't know who bloody left it!!!! lol

You most welcome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 04:38 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Best laugh of the night that was thank you xx
You ARE getting all Brit on me now, adorable!
Had to look up what tosser meant yesterday ...from Doc Martin..hahaha.

Old 11-07-2015, 05:02 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You ARE getting all Brit on me now, adorable!
Had to look up what tosser meant yesterday ...from Doc Martin..hahaha.
Yes lol did you get that rep about sigorney weaver in doc Martin? By LC 30???

Yes I hope you know what I means!!! Lol this is funny if you found the word beginning with W I had to explain what that was to another member ( girl ) lol it's a swear word referring to masterbating LOL it was hilarious

Old 11-07-2015, 05:50 PM

1,916 posts, read 1,459,244 times
Just saw Spectre. I have to say I liked it and it was pretty action packed for a movie that's 2h28 in length. Some of the scenes were amazing like when Bond escaped from his car in Rome during that car chase.

Old 11-07-2015, 05:54 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeefan93 View Post
Just saw Spectre. I have to say I liked it and it was pretty action packed for a movie that's 2h28 in length.
Some of the scenes were amazing like when Bond escaped from his car
in Rome during that car chase.
Shh...you don't want anyone to know he escapes...hahahaha....from every situation!!!

Old 11-08-2015, 08:45 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Clive Owen would make a great James Bond.
I agree, He has the look. He played a hit-man type in Sin City effectively. Tom Hardy could be good in the role also.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:08 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,315,517 times
Here's how Spectre should have ended:

Q sits alone in silence in his bunker workroom. He hears the sound of an elevator descending and looks up. The camera pans to the elevator; the Bond music starts. The elevator doors open and we see a male figure silhouetted: slim, cocky, dangerous. Q looks back down at his computer and says "Oh, good evening, 007." We hear footsteps as the man from the elevator moves deeper into the bunker, toward Q. Q looks up again as the theme music crescendos, and the camera pans back to the man, who is now standing in a beam of light, revealing Idris Elba, who adjusts his cuffs and replies to Q, "Good evening, Q. 007, reporting for duty."

Yep. That's how it SHOULD have ended. Just sayin'.

Regarding the movie: It was a B- for me.
Spoiler
It failed in the second half. Spectre was built up as this big bad -- the biggest of the bad -- but honestly, Blofeld was a disappointment. Silva seemed to be a far more dangerous and menacing villain. But Blofeld was beaten easily, AND they stopped Max/C. I expected more action, more challenge.

Also, I had to roll my eyes a bit at Madeleine's declaration of love. Srlsy? After how long together? Gimme a break.

Last edited by Niftybergin; 11-09-2015 at 06:20 PM..

Old 11-09-2015, 06:26 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
I did go see the movie today. I have to say other than the scenery and a few action scenes. I just could not get into this movie. I won't say the reason was the movie was particularly bad. It was an ok film. It's more along the lines of. I think the Bond movies of this generation, do not appeal to me. I've noticed in the past few Bond films. I can't completely get into them, like the older films. Also the fact the theater here in Lakeland is called Cinemark. This theater is like sitting in a meat locker. It is not normal AC temps. You sit there freezing even though everyone brings a sweatshirt or jacket with them. This Bond movie was 2 1/2 hours long, and being that cold, definitely takes away from the enjoyment of watching a film. I've told the theater about the freezing temps but it goes in one ear and out the other. It didn't seem to help today when I asked them, were they trying to match the theater temps with the mountain scenes in the Bond movie.

Old 11-09-2015, 07:22 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,099 times
I enjoyed it plenty....standard Bond movie. It will do fine in the box office. Bond movies are never critically acclaimed now are they?

I liked the fact that Craig and the Bond franchise fearlessly dashed into the dragons mouth and took several shots at state voyeurism...I mean surveillance.

Old 11-10-2015, 09:39 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,836,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
I enjoyed it plenty....standard Bond movie. It will do fine in the box office. Bond movies are never critically acclaimed now are they?

I liked the fact that Craig and the Bond franchise fearlessly dashed into the dragons mouth and took several shots at state voyeurism...I mean surveillance.

It does seem like they aren't always reviewed highly. I think one needs to be a Bond fan in order to really get into the movies. I think it boils down to you like Bond, or you're just "meh" on the franchise.

And, please, let's not get back into the Idris Elba thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies