Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 09:21 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times

Advertisements

I'm not at all concerned. I probably saw the first three movies eventually, although not necessarily straight through. (I think we took our kids to see Star Wars in the theater one time, and I'm pretty sure they've seen them all.)

I haven't seen any of the prequels, but I've heard they weren't very good. I do think I've seen enough of that Jar-Jar character while standing around in TV stores to last a lifetime.

If the next one doesn't suck I might eventually see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 09:33 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,756,349 times
I couldn't care less! I lost interest in the series a long time ago. I am absolutely shocked at the ridiculous reactions people are having about wanting to see this film. It's just another freaking Star Wars movie. In the previews, it looks really silly.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:06 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,099 times
First they have to entertain. What is the problem with wanting to make some money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
People DO realize this is not about "entertainment" but is about making billions for Disney. Which it will do.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:05 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The original Star Wars was brilliant, but the rest of the series was less than mediocre. I won't be standing in any lines and won't go to the cinema show to see it.
So you mean The Empire Strikes Back did nothing for you at all?

Old 12-15-2015, 04:12 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
I couldn't care less! I lost interest in the series a long time ago. I am absolutely shocked at the ridiculous reactions people are having about wanting to see this film. It's just another freaking Star Wars movie. In the previews, it looks really silly.
Media, Media, and more Media gets many people excited and wanting to be the first to see the movie so they can boast. If the media focused on another movie it would be the same ridiculous interest.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:52 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,497,096 times
No line waiting here. The theater near me is completely new with the Luxury Lounger power recline seats that have movable cup holder/bolster to make it a couch. Seats are reserved and assigned when you purchase the tickets.

So I will be sitting comfortably in one of these downing popcorn and a beer while watching the show.

Old 12-15-2015, 09:56 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,618,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
No line waiting here. The theater near me is completely new with the Luxury Lounger power recline seats that have movable cup holder/bolster to make it a couch. Seats are reserved and assigned when you purchase the tickets.

So I will be sitting comfortably in one of these downing popcorn and a beer while watching the show.

I wonder if it's possible to make theater seats too comfortable. What you just described sounds like a recipe for a nap (passing out).

Old 12-15-2015, 09:58 AM

54 posts, read 77,546 times
Not me. I don't have much interest in the franchise at all.

Old 12-15-2015, 10:49 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,497,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
I wonder if it's possible to make theater seats too comfortable. What you just described sounds like a recipe for a nap (passing out).
They are comfortable but your still not on your couch at home comfy where you fall asleep. The power recline is amazing and the seats offer plenty of privacy (aka elbow room). You do almost feel like your in a private viewing room.

Top that off with a bar and cafeteria style food, where you can order up to a 3 beer maximum and they have plenty of craft and small brews on tap (not just BL and Coors). The cafeteria style is perfect so you are not waiting for the guy getting candy, pretzels, etc. Just go to your station, get your grub and head to the cashier, then it's a quick two steps to the ticket usher who can simply scan the QR code on your phone. They separate the cafe as well in a mirror style (two sides to the theater with full food service on each side) so your not wandering around to get to your show.

Last point, the $5 movies are still a fantastic deal on Tuesdays but if you do have to pay full price for a show, this makes it worth while.

Old 12-15-2015, 12:22 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,426,693 times
A lot of the excitement from my friends revolving around this release is the fact that Abrams did such an amazing job on Star Trek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies