U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-13-2015, 03:50 AM
 
Location: Rutherfordton,NC
7,880 posts, read 5,981,986 times
Reputation: 6501

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The Wolverine was rather good throughout the movie and Origins was fine besides the whole Wade Wilson BS.


Meh I should of walked out after they showed them going though the years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-13-2015, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
20,563 posts, read 10,971,841 times
Reputation: 7471
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Meh I should of walked out after they showed them going though the years.
I didn't see X2, Last Stand, Origins and The Wolverine in the theaters and two I would have rather enjoyed in theaters. One I would have rage fitted over and the other I would have been eh on. Origins, I would have been eh on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2015, 12:34 PM
 
Location: Rutherfordton,NC
7,880 posts, read 5,981,986 times
Reputation: 6501
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I didn't see X2, Last Stand, Origins and The Wolverine in the theaters and two I would have rather enjoyed in theaters. One I would have rage fitted over and the other I would have been eh on. Origins, I would have been eh on.


If they would of done the graphic novel Origins they could of had some GREAT resource material.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2015, 04:30 PM
 
3,506 posts, read 2,705,983 times
Reputation: 4165
Not sure why they are putting some much emphasis on Mystique. Her powers are not that exciting. First Class and DOFP has her as a main character. Mystique is a B level villain.

First Class would have been awesome if it was the original Xmen - Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Iceman, Archangel and Prof X.

Xmen 1,2 and 3 = Wolverine was the main character when it should have been the entire X-men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2015, 04:41 PM
 
2,944 posts, read 958,098 times
Reputation: 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
First Class would have been awesome if it was the original Xmen - Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Iceman, Archangel and Prof X.

The first X-Men movie would've great had the team been Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Iceman, Angel and Xavier. We had to wait until the third film to see Beast in action — and that was even after Nightcrawler was AWOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Xmen 1,2 and 3 = Wolverine was the main character when it should have been the entire X-men.

Exactly the problem I've had with the franchise since the beginning. Wolverine never should've been emphasized that heavily and that quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2015, 10:21 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
20,563 posts, read 10,971,841 times
Reputation: 7471
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
The first X-Men movie would've great had the team been Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Iceman, Angel and Xavier. We had to wait until the third film to see Beast in action and that was even after Nightcrawler was AWOL!
I wish X-Men First Class was that but with it being in canon to Singer's I'm fine with what they did. Let's remember something, the initial X-Men team is romanticized now but in the 1960's only had a short shelf life and while they were popular, they weren't as popular then. Jean was rather weak at this point and wouldn't be until after the Giant sized X-Men reboot with Banshee, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Sunfire, Thunderbird, Storm and Wolverine.

I think the line-up was fine for what Singer did with it. Singer took the X-Men and created it as established with the school already there with Wolverine reluctantly added to the team and Rogue as the new teenage female that the teenage audience associates with (in the 1980's it was Kitty Pryde and in the 1990's it was Jubilee.)

Quote:
Exactly the problem I've had with the franchise since the beginning. Wolverine never should've been emphasized that heavily and that quickly.
I somewhat agree with that but it is hard to do a team movie and not make it centered around one character when they are all introduced in a single movie. Guardians of the Galaxy did that around Star Lord. I honestly don't see DC doing any better with say Green Lantern. I've never seen a team movie center around the entire team and not one, maybe two characters. Even First Class was done that way and that is one people point to as one of the best, myself included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2015, 09:07 AM
 
2,944 posts, read 958,098 times
Reputation: 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I wish X-Men First Class was that but with it being in canon to Singer's I'm fine with what they did.
That movie's proof a retcon of the events of the trilogy was being fast-tracked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Let's remember something, the initial X-Men team is romanticized now but in the 1960's only had a short shelf life and while they were popular, they weren't as popular then.
Only comics readers realize this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Jean was rather weak at this point and wouldn't be until after the Giant sized X-Men reboot with Banshee, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Sunfire, Thunderbird, Storm and Wolverine.
If they wanted to use the "popular" X-Men, Colossus and Nightcrawler should have been full members in the first film. But hold that thought:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think the line-up was fine for what Singer did with it. Singer took the X-Men and created it as established with the school already there with Wolverine reluctantly added to the team and Rogue as the new teenage female that the teenage audience associates with (in the 1980's it was Kitty Pryde and in the 1990's it was Jubilee.)
For all the heat Nolan took about not wanting Batman to be a superhero, Singer's the guilty one. The team is pared down to four characters in generic, dark primary-colored uniforms. Not even Wolverine has his signature headgear. Cyclops is vocally cited as the team leader, but he doesn't act that much like one. Storm barely uses her powers — and what the hell's up with that spinning? By the end of the movie, if it isn't obvious The Wolverine Show is a thing, then only a face slap with a cold wet fish will alert you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I somewhat agree with that but it is hard to do a team movie and not make it centered around one character when they are all introduced in a single movie.
In an ensemble film like the forthcoming Suicide Squad, several characters will no doubt receive more emphasis and face time than the rest: Deadshot, Harley Quinn, and Enchantress along with The Joker and Amanda Waller. Not one, several. And there are more than four Squad members. With an X-quartet (fewer characters to write for), it shouldn't have been Logan's Heroes.

They should have saved him for the next movie. They could have built a very cool storyline around Logan/Weapon X/Wolverine, but obviously the numbskulls at Fox said "We have to have Magneto AND Wolverine in this movie, and both are going to stand out from the rest, even Professor X." And what they did to Rogue was a flippin' joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Guardians of the Galaxy did that around Star Lord. I honestly don't see DC doing any better with say Green Lantern. I've never seen a team movie center around the entire team and not one, maybe two characters. Even First Class was done that way and that is one people point to as one of the best, myself included.
The Guardians were a bunch of total unknowns outside of comics culture. It was much easier to focus it on the "handsome white boy lead" (though to me, he's always going to be Andy Dwyer of Parks and Recreation). The movie was an experiment: Disney wanted to see if they could tap Star Wars fever a little early, and Guardians is a pure space opera piece. None of those characters — including Star-Lord, who was a "serious" character in the 1970s — were in GotG when they first appeared. Do they remotely resemble the guys on this cover, haha? They used the NuGuardians.


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2015, 12:06 PM
 
3,506 posts, read 2,705,983 times
Reputation: 4165
Imagine;

X-Men 1 - Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, Colossus, Jean, Archangel, Storm, Wolverine, Prof X vs Magneto, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Mystique, Rogue, Sabretooth, Blob, Toad, and Gambit. End of this movie, Rogue and Gambit join the X-men.

X-Men 2 - Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, Colossus, Jean, Archangel, Storm, Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit, and Prof X Vs The Sentinels and Juggernaut. Side Story - Magneto, Quicksilver, Mystique and Scarlet Witch discover the tomb of Apocalypse and awaken him. They become the 4 horsemen of Apocalypse.

Avengers 1 - Transpires

X-Men 3 - Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, Colossus, Jean, Archangel, Storm, Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit + Avengers vs Apocalypse and his 4 Horsemen. Side Story - Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver join the Avengers but Scarlet Witch's powers are starting to become unstable......

Avengers 2 - Transpires

X-Men 4 - X-men vs Mr. Sinister + Marauders. Mr. Sinister experiments on Jean Grey which results in her accessing the Phoenix side. End of the movie. D'Ken Neramani senses Jean's powers and sets to Earth to use her to access M'Kraan Crystal.

X-Men 5 - X-men + Magneto + Avengers vs D'Ken Neramani and the Phoenix. End of movie: The Phoenix puts the unstability of Scarlet Witch

X-Men 6 - X- Men + Avengers vs Magneto, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch (House of M).

oh tiddays!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2015, 04:31 PM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,068,031 times
Reputation: 1241
I'm confused about the order of the films. If I want to watch the newer versions with JLaw, what order do I go in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2015, 05:59 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
20,563 posts, read 10,971,841 times
Reputation: 7471
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
I'm confused about the order of the films. If I want to watch the newer versions with JLaw, what order do I go in?
I tried it in May I went Origins: Wolverine, X-Men, X2, The Last Stand, The Wolverine, First Class, Days of Future Past. Maybe you could do First Class before Origins, but there's no true "Machete Order" for the X-Men movies like there is Star Wars and (at least to me) The Marvel Cinematic Universe (where I throw out Hulk and show Captain America first)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top