Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 02:44 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,016,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I looked at the full cast on IMDB and nowhere do they list Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton as characters. No accurate retelling of the story can be done without them.

If I made the film, there will be a scene with Hillary and Obama in the Oval Office coldly making the political decision to abandon the Americans in Benghazi to their deaths, like how it happened in real life. There will also be a scene in the end where Hillary meets with the families of the victims and lies through her teeth about what happened (maybe with her Obama and Reid coming up with their fabricated statements together), and then show her starting her presidential campaign.

This is what really happened but liberal Hollywood will never portray it. Hence, its important for moviegoers to realize that it was Obama and Hillary who cost those Americans their lives.
You do know Americsn Sniper was filled with a bunch of Hollywood garbage too, right?

It's about entertainment. Nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 02:52 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
It would do a great disservice to the military heroes to NOT depict the reasons they had to go through this ordeal. Pearl Harbor focused on some fictional heroes, but still had scenes with FDR. Those actually weren't as necessary, but for Benghazi, if there's going to be scene of people in Washington responding to the crisis, then Obama and Hillary should be in those scenes.
Not all film that are about political stakes need the presidential backroom reasons. This film is about the raid and the fight back, not what caused it and the political blowback. Don't get me wrong, that film WILL happen someday. It's just not happening in 13 Hours because it don't have to do with that specific story in that movie.

Old 01-10-2016, 03:07 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,385,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthur View Post
Any logical person has to see that by default that the responsibility belongs to Clinton and Obama. Whether they did anything or not its still their fault no mater what.

Has every one forgot the "what difference does it mater" statement. This says volumes about the administration attitude about this.
When Clinton said"what difference does it mater" she was responding to a specific question.

A logical person would want to know what she was asked that resulted in her response.

Ignorance is making posts when you don't know what your talking about.

Old 01-10-2016, 05:03 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,724,341 times
Please tell me how Obama and Clinton could be in that movie? Spotlight didn't include the original priests....good grief.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:01 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,992,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The movie is apolitical by choice, both from the film makers and from the actual veterans that participated in the fire fight. Apolitical as much as it could be as some things could not be avoided (no support given to the trapped).

But in general they wanted the focus to be on the heroes of Benghazi, not politics, as it should be as military heroism is above political bickering. One soldier received a Distinguished Service Cross and a Marine a Navy Cross, and others silver stars for their bravery.
This. The book didn't get into the political mess excessively either. Besides, who an individual thinks is to blame depends on which party they are a member of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauialoha View Post
this is an entertainment discussion. You are making a political argument. There are forums here on CD specifically for politics. Very aggravating that the right wingers think it's OK to post offensive political opinions on practically every forum here on city-data.
LOL, now political opinion is offensive? A bit over dramatic aren't we?

Old 01-11-2016, 08:45 AM

919 posts, read 789,622 times
from op:
Quote:
a scene with Hillary and Obama in the Oval Office coldly making the political decision to abandon the Americans in Benghazi to their deaths, like how it happened in real life.
I'm being overly dramatic? To me this is offensive, and untrue. At best a purely political spin on a tragic event. It doesn't belong in a friendly discussion of films.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
I'm being overly dramatic? To me this is offensive, and untrue.
To others it isn't offensive and is true. That makes it a matter of opinion. We don't base behaviour on this forum on what YOU find offensive.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
We don't base behaviour on this forum on what YOU find offensive.
Obviously not. You right wingers care not one bit if your posts offend, and you're ruining many of the disussion areas here on city-data in my opinion.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Obviously not. You right wingers care not one bit if your posts offend, and you're ruining many of the disussion areas here on city-data in my opinion.
Hmmmm, who's getting political now

Old 01-11-2016, 09:07 AM

I suppose we'd need to look at our profiles to figure that out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies