Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 05:45 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times

Advertisements

I Really Despised Citizen Kane.

Although I Loved The First Half I Absolutely Hated The Rest Of The Film.

It Was Like 2 Separate Films Disjointed And With Very Poor Continuity.

I Especially Thought The Whole "RoseBud Mystery" Was A Bit Of Overhyped Nonsense. We All Experience The Reality Of Not Realizing That Our Childhood Held Special Meaning That We Can Never Recapture.

Over Rated Trash Overall...In My Opinion.

So What Classics Did You Really Hate?????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen_Kane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXIr1P9Fm5A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 06:04 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
I don't know that I'd call any of these "classics," but they were certainly lauded by critics at the time.

BEACHES. I would rather have someone hammer a hot fork into my arm than have to sit through this movie again. The whole point of this movie seems to be: You know what? A woman's mid-life crisis is just as narcissistic as any man's. More navel gazing please!

THE ENGLISH PATIENT is a movie made for critics, not audiences.

GONE WITH THE WIND. The ultimate silly melodrama.

THE MATRIX. The last movie that made me truly angry for having wasted all most three hours of my life sitting through this offensive mess of a movie.

TOP GUN. Probably the movie I hate more than any other movie on the planet. This movie is like everything wrong with the 1980s wrapped into a suppository and shoved up our collective ***es.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:03 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,618,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
TOP GUN. Probably the movie I hate more than any other movie on the planet. This movie is like everything wrong with the 1980s wrapped into a suppository and shoved up our collective ***es.
I agree wholeheartedly with this, save that this film is actually TIED with Ferris Bueller's Day Off!

Old 03-24-2016, 11:47 AM

92 posts, read 167,370 times
I am beginning to think I am the only person on Earth that liked The English Patient...

Overrated for me: Rosemary's Baby. I did not find it particularly scary, and found the ending to be a let down.

Another one: Shaft (Original). While I thought the character himself was cool, I felt the movie was boring. I kept waiting for it to 'get going'.

Another one: Annie Hall. I guess I just don't get the whole Woody Allen thing?

Another: Blazing Saddles. I didn't find it as hysterical as everyone says it is. My husband loves this movie and cannot believe I don't.

I am sure there are plenty of others, just these come to mind right away.

Old 03-24-2016, 04:20 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
Blazing Saddles
Repo Man
Princess Bride

Old 03-24-2016, 04:45 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonZinger321 View Post
I am beginning to think I am the only person on Earth that liked The English Patient...
No, I loved it (and the book)!

Quote:
Another: Blazing Saddles. I didn't find it as hysterical as everyone says it is.
Me, either--and I don't know too many women who did--although I thought "Young Frankenstein" was very clever and funny, and a lot of people didn't seem to think so when it first came out.

"Pulp Fiction" is considered by some a classic in the crime/gangster genre, and I hated it. I wanted to walk out, and should have. Everyone I know still raves about it.

Old 03-24-2016, 06:03 PM

92 posts, read 167,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
No, I loved it (and the book)!

Me, either--and I don't know too many women who did--although I thought "Young Frankenstein" was very clever and funny, and a lot of people didn't seem to think so when it first came out.

"Pulp Fiction" is considered by some a classic in the crime/gangster genre, and I hated it. I wanted to walk out, and should have. Everyone I know still raves about it.
Totally agree with you on BOTH "Young Frankenstein" and "Pulp Fiction".

Old 03-24-2016, 06:44 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
The Apartment - full of shrill stereotypes.

Old 03-25-2016, 06:06 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonZinger321 View Post

Overrated for me: Rosemary's Baby. I did not find it particularly scary, and found the ending to be a let down.

Another one: Shaft (Original). While I thought the character himself was cool, I felt the movie was boring. I kept waiting for it to 'get going'.

Another one: Annie Hall. I guess I just don't get the whole Woody Allen thing?

Another: Blazing Saddles. I didn't find it as hysterical as everyone says it is. My husband loves this movie and cannot believe I don't.

I am sure there are plenty of others, just these come to mind right away.

OMG I Hate Woody Allen Movies......And Mel Brooks Movies...RUBBISH!!!!!

Old 03-27-2016, 05:56 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,594,189 times
WATERSHIP DOWN. I didn't see it til I was an adult. But I'm a very sensitive little flower and expected to bawl my eyes out. I didn't like the art or animation - nor the voice acting or story action. To me it dragged and I didn't care about the annoying bunnies. They all seemed sort of menacing to me. Watched most but not all of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies