U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-01-2017, 03:25 PM
 
3,131 posts, read 1,084,043 times
Reputation: 1717

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Next time, shtweethawt!
Yeah... And that's what Terrence Howard said in Iron Man 1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-01-2017, 03:32 PM
 
3,131 posts, read 1,084,043 times
Reputation: 1717
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
We all know how much those movies made. It's a team film, like Civil War. What's your point, Willy?
Also, I forgot to say: As if Wonder Woman didn't have a team with Steve Trevor and those fake, copy-cat Howling Commandos. Therefore, your argument is flat, After Effect. (And yes... mkpunk can be useful when you need him.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2017, 04:43 PM
 
5,591 posts, read 2,429,349 times
Reputation: 3172
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
Also, I forgot to say: As if Wonder Woman didn't have a team with Steve Trevor and those fake, copy-cat Howling Commandos. Therefore, your argument is flat, After Effect. (And yes... mkpunk can be useful when you need him.)
No. What you're doing has a name: moving the goalposts. It's when you adjust the parameters of an argument to shoehorn in a point that shouldn't be there.

Wonder Woman's "team" wasn't her team, and they weren't big names like Batman, Superman, Flash, etc. They were Steve's cohorts. One was barely a soldier, another was a profiteer.

The movie isn't called Wonder Woman's Ragtag Raiders, either. It's called Wonder Woman. There isn't another big name DC character who shares the same amount of screen time (see: Tony Stark and Steve Rogers in Civil War).

So what you're doing now is emulating mkpunk? That's funny coming from a guy who just accused me of borrowing material from his post (and I still have no idea why you said that).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2017, 04:50 PM
 
5,591 posts, read 2,429,349 times
Reputation: 3172
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
Yeah... And that's what Terrence Howard said in Iron Man 1.
Wonder Woman's box office has exceeded expectations by no small margin. Most people imposed a cap somewhere between 600-675 million worldwide. It's past 800 million. It's a bona fide sensation.

You think Wonder Woman 2 might not make another 200 million beyond it, or get close?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2017, 05:13 PM
 
6,817 posts, read 4,424,078 times
Reputation: 7608
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Sad isn't it?








No, she doesn't. WW didn't have big breasts never did the 70's WW was more stripper like then what WW was/is supposed to be.
WW is an Amazonian. Those ladies are voluptuous. Why is it sad to marvel at a human body? Arnold was Conan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2017, 08:48 PM
 
Location: Rutherfordton,NC
12,126 posts, read 8,102,399 times
Reputation: 8609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post


WW is an Amazonian. Those ladies are voluptuous. Why is it sad to marvel at a human body? Arnold was Conan.



If you have ever read the comic WW was/is athletic NOT voluptuous. You sexualized WW by saying boobies. She is SO much more then that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2017, 08:57 PM
 
Location: Elysium
5,811 posts, read 3,090,163 times
Reputation: 4037
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
If you have ever read the comic WW was/is athletic NOT voluptuous. You sexualized WW by saying boobies. She is SO much more then that.
And there in lies the rub for some people. No I haven't read the comics, Wonder Woman who could pass for Miss America, 1970s vintage was my visual reference point. I did read some Batman but the default image was Adam West not the senior citizen in The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel. Those images will be a big part of a "let see what this new Wonder Woman is about" fan base. That Gal Gadot doesn't fit the old image is probably part of the reason why Wonder Woman became a must take our daughter to see movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2017, 10:19 PM
 
6,817 posts, read 4,424,078 times
Reputation: 7608
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
If you have ever read the comic WW was/is athletic NOT voluptuous. You sexualized WW by saying boobies. She is SO much more then that.
So WW does not have boobies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2017, 09:05 AM
 
Location: Rutherfordton,NC
12,126 posts, read 8,102,399 times
Reputation: 8609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post




And there in lies the rub for some people. No I haven't read the comics, Wonder Woman who could pass for Miss America, Those images will be a big part of a "let see what this new Wonder Woman is about" fan base. That Gal Gadot doesn't fit the old image is probably part of the reason why Wonder Woman became a must take our daughter to see movie.



WW in the comics looked like a supermodel/Miss America yet she was as strong as Superman. She was an ambassador from her home land so she carried herself with dignity. So she showed women that they are more then sex objects and they could be whatever they wanted to be. The new movie showed this as well.






Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
So WW does not have boobies?





They are called breasts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2017, 09:16 AM
 
5,591 posts, read 2,429,349 times
Reputation: 3172
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top